MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a post on here and can't find it now, to do with wrapping the exhaust, be interested to know if that helped...?

I do not understand why the heat proofing material does not line the belly pan further along as it would have prevented the blistering of the plastic. Unsure how to attach such a material to the belly pan so now considering wrapping the pipes.

Any advice or know what the heat shield is in the pan and if i can get it easily enough please?

pics attached

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
I read a post on here and can't find it now, to do with wrapping the exhaust, be interested to know if that helped...?

I do not understand why the heat proofing material does not line the belly pan further along as it would have prevented the blistering of the plastic. Unsure how to attach such a material to the belly pan so now considering wrapping the pipes.

Any advice or know what the heat shield is in the pan and if i can get it easily enough please?

pics attached
Hi Dan,
After having problems with the belly pan melting/burning and heat shielding staying in place I did this: What did you do to your bike today? post: #4,755
I can't see easily from your pics, but seen as I sent you a pic of the whole piece with shielding in you can easily extend. Where mine burns there is very little room for wrap, and because I'm fussy I don't like wrap, others have found it works I believe. The Ziroflex shielding is very sticky on a very clean surface but over time will fail without extra help, which is why I used the oven adhesive to seal all the edges. So far it has held well with no failures but to be fair it has only been in one summers use.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I use the DEI gold heat wrap for the panels. Amazon or maybe some local auto parts stores.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was it! Thanks for that, I would really rather get the right thing for the belly pan n let the exhaust heat escape, but I want to protect the pan from further blistering, really don't see why it isn't just another 5-10cm longer and it would have longevity and prevent the belly pan melting from the inside.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The exhaust wrap I had, was crap, didn't look good or work properly as was the fabric covered with a foil type meant for lorry application which doesn't get as hot, so it smelt when riding and I wasn't happy with it. So I removed that, bought the titanium stuff instead and fitted the gold heat shield tape to the inside of the fairing for good measure as well. Fingers crossed, no more bally pan melting!!!

20022020375.jpg
20022020375.jpg
20022020376.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts