MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Agusti,

I'm considering buying an F4. But being 1.91m and weighing about 90kg I’m a big chap. Not an old bloke but pushing 40. Riding the bike for a small test-drive I got the impression I could live with this. But beauty makes blind, right? The vendor told me that the Brutale was of limits, being even more cramped than the F4. Any of you big guys have ridden for longer than an hour and been able to step down without injuries? :f4:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
hopefully somebody taller than me gives some positive news....

Good luck with fitting it! I'm sure you can.... :)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
you'll be fine. it'll take some getting used to (the riding position) but you'll be fine. i'm about 1.93m and about 99.7kg. i fit pretty well.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
J_Spec said:
you'll be fine. it'll take some getting used to (the riding position) but you'll be fine. i'm about 1.93m and about 99.7kg. i fit pretty well.

nick, i'm impressed you know metric....or did you find a conversion calculator? :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Hello Bart and welcome to the forum. Your question is strikingly similar to someone I know (here in Aus) :stickpoke :)

There are a number of guys here that seem to pop up that are quite tall 6'3+ and seem not to have any problems with the F4 (do some searches)...it is a bit taller and has a longer reach than most so that is more favourable for someone your size.

I'm sure you know you are going to get biased advice here so that said the 312R is definately the best bike for the money which is a level above the Duc in build quality and IMBO with the exception of low speed running temps it is quite simply a superior bike in every way offering greater ownership rewards from everything from rider satisfaction to pride of ownership.

One exception...some parts of the world you can be left waiting for parts but here in Aus it does'nt seem to be an issue...we have a distributor that does thier job exceptionally well.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Bart,

As long as you feel right on the bike, you should be fine. These bikes are a little higher then average. I'm 5'-11" and wiegh around 190 lbs. I feel very good on it.

Welcome tto the forum and good luck choosing.

Rick

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
I don't know all the conversion stuff, but i am 6'2" about 195 and i have no problems what so ever slamming this thing into turns! Your wrists will take most of the hit in the beginning, but after you get used to it you will wonder why you didn't get an MV sooner :f4:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Bart: I'm 6' exactly and I managed to ride something like 140miles to a trackday, do the trackday and ride home but I can't say it didn't hurt a bit. A few 1/2 hour rests and I was fine though. Like greeneggs said, your wrists will get toughened up to it and let me tell you that any little aches and pains you get from a hard day's riding will not spoil the ownership experience. Most normal days its just not any sort of issue at all. Supreme bikes. Good luck.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
CAG said:
You're not an old bloke until you are pushing 50.

CAG
Now, wait a damn minute....:) As the tag frame says: "Old Guys Rule"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the good advice. Wrists shouldn't be a problem. I've been cycling for a couple of years now (Belgium is home of some of the greatest classic bike races). Doing trips of 4 hours and more. And since that's mostly done on a racing bike on bad roads, your wrists (and backside) take a lot of beating. Motorcycles have been mostly german ones (you know the ones with the blue and white propellor) and a Duke 998R. For people who look for great roads to do some biking (with or without engine) you should come to the Flemish Ardennes. Great roads with little trafic, only some crazy cyclists (sometimes me) to look out for...

Your comments have made me want an F4 even more... Had some thoughts about waiting for a new Agusta since the F4 has been on the market for 10 years now but like an 916 an F4 is just a bike you must have. Going to the shop this weekend... X-mas is going to be fun... :drummer:

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah-The thing is actually very well suited for taller riders. I think the points made above are all true, but more related to the ergo's of the bikes design and not so much it's related height, or roomminess. In fact the F4 is actual very roomy and pretty damn tall all things considered. I think you should definetly test drive one to see what the meaning is, but I really don't think you'll have any trouble with it's size. I'm 6'1" (roughly 1.9) myself and fit very comfortably on it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
No problem! I'm 43, 6'1 and heavier than all of you put together...honest! It's more comfortable than my GSX-R and done a couple of 6 hour non-stop stints without major issue. Don't know what these boney arsed owners are complaining about!:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm 6' and about 220lbs, and compared to the Duc Sport Classic 1000, it feels like a luxury yacht. Also, I'm 51, and thankfully have no pre-existing back or wrist issues. A tank of gas and I'm ready to stretch though. The Brutale feels a little awkward for me. I feel perched a bit too high and forward on the bike. The F4 gives a feeling of solidity and control when tucked into a proper crouch.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I'm 1,85m and 85 kg and it's not a problem at all. I guess you will be fine...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Your dealer needs his head examined... I'm 6' 1" and 230 lb -- 1.85 m / 104 kg and have NO PROBLEM with Brutale S... Several 10+ hour days on it without issue. A "crampbuster" does help for the wrists on long straight shots, primarily if your in tight traffic and forced to cover 1 or 2... For wrists under braking and twisties, it's really not so much of a issue because the deep tank pocket allows for offsetting a lot of weight to the knees/thighs. The only complaint I've had is with the stock foot pegs--so dinky and nubby, they are a bit of a barrier to "fully" committing but then I only ride the Brutale on public roads, so it helps to keep something in check. Plus at a good clip, these things are such an adrenaline rush, it'd be a while before you could feel any pain anyway. Lower back takes a bit of a beating because the throttle response is so abrupt, but that's the price of admission.

YMMV, cheers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well Team, i'm 5'8 and approx 95kgs. My wrists are super strong from years of being a teenager and i'm admittedly quite stocky. I have have no troubles at all...apart from trying not to speed!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts