MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Right after I bought my F4 I was riding to work on the freeway. I was doing 75mpg in the left lane as there was traffic. The bike shut off and I coasted to a stop. I tried and tried until I killed the battery to restart it. I had to push it about a mile in full gear in 96 degree heat to the gas station. I had gas in the tank and it tried to start off of a jump, but still no luck. I left for a work trip the next day. I searched the internet for an answer while I was gone. I was told it was my battery, relay or wiring. When I returned from my trip I stopped at the parts store. I purchased a 5 gallon bucket, transfer pump & starting fluid. I sprayed some starting fluid in the right intake to avoid the MAF sensor and it lit off. I then drained the fuel and it looked great. I was starting to lose hope. I then looked in the tank and the hose from the filter to the fuel pump had come off at the pump (so fuel was just being circulated in the tank). I took the tank off, took off the plate reattached the hose (which took five minutes working the hose over the outlet with the one time clamp still installed and I had no new clamps on hand) and put it back together. I fueled it up and primed it a bunch and it started and ran just fine. I have popped the fuel tank open before every ride after that and the hose has not budged.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I am thinking that whoever worked on it last didn't put the hose all the way down on the pump outlet (past the bump) and it popped off over time.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
?

Common problem with FI bikes.....
especially those with barbless hose fittings on the cast fuel pump plates
You noticed the pump didn't cycle? and kept running?

:wink2:

·
Registered
258 Posts
As Noel says. The same exactly happened to me earlier this year on my F4 750. The pump did cycle though which was a distraction.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The pump would prime or run for the usual amount of time when I turned the key to on and turned the run switch to run. The pump would not continually run as I was not able to start the bike. I can only assume it was just circulating the fuel in the tank and not sending it to the inline filter during the priming sequence as the line was disconnected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts