MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Down here in Tassie the Sydney to Hobart yacht race is just finishing! 70 or so yachts this year - one of the world's toughest yacht races. Two of the leaders this year were de-masted on the first night on their 600 nautical mile race to Hobart.

Line honours this year again went to WILD OATES XI, a 100 foot world class racing yacht which holds the race record of 1 day 18 hours Sydney to Hobart 2005. this year it took the boat just over two days. Many of the boats take four or five days to finish.

After looking at the boats and taking a few pics to show you guys I then rode up Mt Wellington to show you our view of Hobart. The mountain is about 4500 feet high, you can see it in the distance in some of the shots, I only rode up to about 3000 feet!

The "Taste of Tasmania' (Yummy food to try from all around Tassie!) happens at the same time and tourists from all over the world are here in Hobart at this time of the year...

ENJOY!!!

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Nice photos Gazman. :smoking: I especially like the shot of your bike on the mountain road overlooking the bay, really nice. :)

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
Gazman, thanks for sharing the thread and the great shots...I love the 2nd to last photo, overlooking the edge...Awesome!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Great pics! Thats a great city Hobart, been a few times, but never on the bike, the ride up Mt Wellington would be your weekend trash?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Nice pics. I had a chance to visit Sydney last year...I hope to return one day soon. Would love to visit Aus this month...watch Federer win another Open! :stickpoke

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ditto to that Pete, closely followed by Far North Queensland, twisties with rainforest on one side and the big blue ocean and barrier reef on the other. And lets not forget the insanity that is the Gillies !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts