MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys (and gals)

Trying to put the mirrors back on this 01 F4 I have. The mirror to fairing mount is fine. What I can't work is how the wiring clips back together. Having pored over the workshop manual I have a feeling I'm missing some items. Specifically what looks like two supports (p/n 80A090246 and 80A090247) and lengthways bolts (850090425) - numbers taken from F01 of the manual.

Can anyone possibly take some photos of the inside of the fairing to show me what I'm missing and how this goes back together?

Many Thanks,

Jammy

·
Registered
200 Posts
So do you just need a pic of the inside of the fairing? If you tell me what you need a pic of I'll be happy to take it...I may not want to take anything apart in order to do it though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
So I took a few pics but from what I could see there was no wire that ran from the mirror to the wiring harness...so I pondered that for a while and finally curiosity got the best of me and I decided to take the metal covers off to see how it all worked. It appears that the mirror gets wired to the metal bracket that it bolts to (the fairing mount) and then the metal cover is wired to the wiring harness and the current runs between the 2 via a couple of brass contact points where they touch when everything is bolted up together. Kind of cool actually. Of course while putting this all back together one of the well nuts in the air duct fell into the duct...so now I get to figure out how to remove the air duct so I can fish it out of there and then put the whole thing back together again...just my luck.

A couple of pics to illustrate. I'm sure some other guys on the forum could explain this a lot better than I did but I hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian - thats great thanks. Confirms that I am indeed missing the fairing struts! Cheers and good luck finding the nut...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts