MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 f4 750.
It will not start... it will turn over fine amd crank but will not start. it has fuel and spark but still nothing..it does not even try, no backfiring at all..
I have also sprayed "start ya bastard"
Down the manifolds and still nothing..

·
Registered
415 Posts
Have you checked the battery condition. I have found that if my battery is not 100% it has issues starting.

Also is your fuel pump working properly?

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 2 f4s and the battery and fuel tank and fuel pump both work in the other bike..
I had stripped the pump and changed the filters as the bike wasnt reving past 12k and when I connected it back up ut ran for about 10 seconds and cut out and didnt start again..
I thought it must be the pump and somwthing I had done so stripped it again to double check. I even did it a 3rd time but its completely fine and runs fine on the other bike...
Cheers

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts
I think you will find that your fuel lines are not tightly connected at the fuel pump plate, or that there is some interference in those CPC fittings.

If those fittings are not 100% tight, they slow or prevent fuel flow.

What other maintenance, besides Fuel Filter, did you do?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ye thought of that too but they seal up tight with no leaks they have also been upgraded to the stainless fixings and I can see the fuel being sprayed from the injectors..
I did the plugs oil and filter and coolant.. but i did all this and then went for a good hour ride. It was the next day I decided to do the tank as it would not rev past 12k and thats when it would not start..
It also ran poorly at low revs and did not really want to idle very well..
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts
Hose routing?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plenty of fuel mate.. and the tank works perfect on the other bike. I have also stripped cleaned the fuel rail.. maybe the imjectors are dirty??
Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
You changed sparks plugs? One faulty? If you try to start with some throttle, does not try to fire up? A time ago, with almost new sparks i had problems ti start...one spark plug (less than 500km) failed.

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
I think your injector theory is valid....they can be easily cleaned and serviced/tested. Search for injector service near you.
And do check/replace the plugs...get some NGK Iridiums

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You changed sparks plugs? One faulty? If you try to start with some throttle, does not try to fire up? A time ago, with almost new sparks i had problems ti start...one spark plug (less than 500km) failed.
Doesn't even try to start.. no pops or bangs..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think your injector theory is valid....they can be easily cleaned and serviced/tested. Search for injector service near you.
And do check/replace the plugs...get some NGK Iridiums
Thanks mate.. i think thats my next thing to do as I'm running out of options. Although they look to be working fine..

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts
Also, you should check the tow relays that are on either side of the subframe in the tail section. One is a Main Relay the other is an Injection Relay.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes will do cheers mate. I just assumed they were light relays as they have Hella on them.

·
Super Moderator
22,615 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Hey Shauns - I know there's lots of great advice being shared by guys.
You said she has spark (clearly you've pulled the ignition coils and seen spark) ?
She's turning over so the starter-motor and generator are ok - but that doesn't preclude a battery issue

Have you tried bump starting her yet ?
if she doesn't fire, then that means no fuel to the chamber and you're working your way back there? (apologies - I know that sounds way too simple)

Reactions: Shauns
1 - 20 of 21 Posts