·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
That looks like it will work.

However, most first gen bikes have used a Melotti Tail Tidy with great success.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a vendor in the US for the Melotti? Google sends me to eBay for it.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
I don't think there is a US vendor.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like eBay from a UK supplier. I'll take a look at both. The guy in the US did say I could mail it back for full refund if I don't like it. Might take a look at $40. Thanks for the heads up on the Melotti SilentService.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
i got a brand new melotti tail tidy from an awesome peep from here. Just post a thread asking for one, and u prob get lucky. People either love em or hate em, cos u need to buy aftermarket indicators for them

·
Registered
2,858 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
hey mate
i haven't even installed my melotti. Is that what u have ... a melotti and then installed the above indicators u posted?
simple plug and play?
Yeh mate, Melotti and those indicators. I had some Oxford ones but they were junk. Those ones above are good quality and look good. Bright at night, but due to their low profile not very visible during the day. I find good quality LED indicators are hard to come by. 99% of what is on the market is junk. Especially stuff available in Oz like Oxford products.
Things I did to install them:
Drilled all the way through the tail tidy arm (2mm bit I think) and used lock wire rather than supplied clips to hold wires to the tail tidy and it looks way cleaner too.
Purchased a Narva LED flasher relay from Repco. That way you don't have to add in resistors in line.

From Jaycar:
You will need some extra wire length and the style of plugs you would prefer to go from the harness to indicator wires as they are alittle short for the MV set up.

If you don't solder these things are really neat to splice the wires together and seal all in one.
https://www.jaycar.com.au/2-7mm-solder-splice-heatshrink-pack-of-5/p/WH5670

Also get some heat shrink (black) to make it all look neat prior to tieing it into the tail tidy.

Not sure how handy you are so will over explain things just in case you need more detailed explanation. Please don't feel it is condescending. I'm no mechanic but can find my way around a bike okay.
1-2 out of 5 skill level depending on how handy you are. Just make sure you use the correct wiring tools, crimps, strippers etc. You will also need a heat source for the solder shrink and shrink wrap. Also alittle silicon spray to slide all the wires through the heatshrink and after you have shrink wrapped it all to push it up through the undertail into top of the tray as it is a snug fit.
If you are not real handy Google the shit out how to splice, heat shrink, solder or solder splice and take your time. Also check the manual to confirm the wiring colours so you don't wire left and right indicators backwards :laugh:
Take your time, test fit and test fit again. If you get annoyed go have a beer.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
thanks mate, i think ill take u up on these and order a pair. And absolute no offense taken i prob would of asked u for instructions so sir thank u kindly for beating me to the punch. Much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
21,447 Posts
Rizoma has several stylish and BRIGHT LED turn signal options.

DSCN5893r.jpg

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Yes, that's correct. Melotti make a pre 09 model and a 10-12 model. They're different.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking to purchase a tail tidy for my 2000 F4 750 and came across this one. Does this look like one that fits? I already have the turn signals moved so I just need it for the plate holder. If anyone knows of a different one that works well I'm open to suggestions also. Thanks for the help.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MV-AGUSTA-F4-Fender-eliminator-Tail-tidy-2000-2006-2007-2008-2009-BLACK-P-L/332340023887?hash=item4d6102524f:g:iC8AAOSwAYtWKB9s&vxp=mtr

I bought the exact same holder and it is very good!
I will go and take some pictures shortly and post them here

·
Registered
31 Posts
Indicators were relocated to inside the tail light and also the mesh holes slightly outboard of the tail light.
The tidy does have holes to relocate the indicators though.
In the UK is it not required to have a light for the number plate, but you do need a reflector, hence the red pimple reflector.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
In the UK is it not required to have a light for the number plate, but you do need a reflector, hence the red pimple reflector.
With respect, Bono, this changed with the introduction of the new MoT laws on 20th May 2018.

This, from the MoT Inspection Manual:

4.7 Rear registration plate lamp
4.7.1 Presence, condition and operation
You must inspect all motorcycles fitted with front and rear position lamps.

The rear registration plate must be lit. Most motorcycles will light the registration plate with a rear position lamp, but some will use a separate registration plate lamp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts