MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much did these go for when they first came out? i'm just curious and can't find any info on them. thanks

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Cant remeber what they were in the States but I'm sure someone will be able to answer it shortly.

Over here in Aus they were AU$42,000.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
In The Netherlands it went for 34.000 euro. But over here bikes are almost the most expensive in the world...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
milk&juice said:
And still holding their price very well, I saw one not too long ago for $36000
Yeah they're doing alright...there's one at my dealers that has an AU$38,000 price tag... the one in my album. It was traded for a Senna 1000. I have spoken to the guy that will be gettin the new Senna and he said I'm welcome to come and check it out and take pics when it arrives.

There's also a couple on bikepoint, one 02 with 14,900kms on it for AU$32K and one that I started a thread about before that is brand spanking new never even started that was AU$60K :laughing: which is now going for a very reasonable AU$38K...

It's funny I wasn't that hot on the Senna's until I saw one in the flesh...photos do not do them justice they are stunning :guitarist :love: .

·
Registered
474 Posts
Rockethouse said:
and one that I started a thread about before that is brand spanking new never even started that was AU$60K :laughing: which is now going for a very reasonable AU$38K...
Yeah, that guy ran out of crack. Needs to sell to buy some more.

Agreed they are better looking in the flesh. Red frames ROCK :lickout:

·
Registered
360 Posts
They're pretty stunning. Should have seen the look my wife gave me when I asked if I could get a Senna 1000 to go with my SPR (no way I'll sell it)....

Had a chance to drop in at Paul Feeney's over the xmas break and was able to compare the Evo 3, '02 Senna, and Tamburini side by side. I'd take my SPR over everything other than the Tamburini in that list any day but they're still stunning. I just love the gloss black... The evil voice in my head says to try it with the SPR but I don't think I could live with myself afterwards.

On bikepoint.com.au its interesting reading some of the descriptions of the MV models posted. Such as:

http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/DesktopDefault.aspx?UsedBikeID=1616825&TabID=3424&Alias=bikepointau

Where the guy describes it as:

MV AGUSTA F4, SR Model (SPR) 750 Agostini model, Collectors Edition, 2500 klms, as new, hugger, paint protection, wheel stripes, first service, concours condition, part of collection. Will email photos and information.

Unquote.

Last time I checked the SR is not the same as the SPR and certainly not the same as the Ago which I thought only came as a 1000 and not as a 750. His pics are of an SR.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Troz said:
Last time I checked the SR is not the same as the SPR and certainly not the same as the Ago which I thought only came as a 1000 and not as a 750. His pics are of an SR.
Don't go knocking the SR :stickpoke I'll get the Doc in Canberra to come round and visit you :laughing:

The SR was a parts bin "special" of all the bits that were redundant from the cancellation of the 750 AGO. SPR spec engine. Autographed Dash. Not much else really. :blah:

Remind me not to buy a red hugger or pinstripe the wheels. :barfalot:

Chicks dig Senna

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not knocking the SR at all. I was originally planning on buying one in Adelaide but missed out by a few hours as someone put a deposit down on a private sale before me. As luck would have it that arvo the SPR was posted on the web by a Sydney seller so all worked out. I was merely pointing out the fact that an SR is not an SPR in red and silver but something different. Personally I think the SR was one of the best 'bang for your buck' examples that MV ever put out.

On another note do you take the MV up to the pie shop at Robertson very often? Been down that way a couple times in the last month and there's been an MV parked out side the pie shop twice when I've gone past.

With regards to:

Don't go knocking the SR I'll get the Doc in Canberra to come round and visit you

Feel free. I might be able to entice him out for a ride. :laughing: Saying that, the tart needs a new rear before I take her out for another thrash.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Troz said:
Not knocking the SR at all.
Not serious at all :stickpoke:

Let's just say my SR is in the process of getting some much needed care and attention. Dropped by previous owner :bawling: It won't be seeing the road for a little while yet.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Troz said:
Not knocking the SR at all.

Don't go knocking the SR I'll get the Doc in Canberra to come round and visit you

Feel free. I might be able to entice him out for a ride. :laughing: Saying that, the tart needs a new rear before I take her out for another thrash.
Troz, just as well you clarified your position on the SR... :cool: :stickpoke

I saw a list of differences between the SR and the EVO3 on another board - from memory, the differences included the SR having the SPR/AGO destined engine, gearbox, exhaust, signed tacho cover. It also has different rear suspension and wheels. If I can find the list i will post.

As for a ride - going on a ride with a few mates to Temora on Saturday.... for a slow ride (the speed nazis are on double demerit mode this long weekend) to see the old airplane air show at Temora (including a Spitfire)....we are meeting in Hawker at 9 am and at Murrumbateman servo at 9.30, if you are free ... you wont need a new tyre cause we are sticking close to speed limit - come to think of it, you wont need anything over 3rd gear either... :laughing:

Doc

·
Registered
301 Posts

MV AGUSTA F4, SR Model (SPR) 750 Agostini model, Collectors Edition, 2500 klms, as new, hugger, paint protection, wheel stripes, first service, concours condition, part of collection. Will email photos and information.

Unquote.

" 750 Agostini model" - he means the tacho with Agostini signature...... Bikepoint doesn not have the SR model registered, so you need to select somehting else to place an add... or at least that's what a dealer told me once..

not the same as the Ago which I thought only came as a 1000 and not as a 750. His pics are of an SR.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
301 Posts
Troz said:
On another note do you take the MV up to the pie shop at Robertson very often? Been down that way a couple times in the last month and there's been an MV parked out side the pie shop twice when I've gone past.
Hey Troz, where else would you park your MV when in Robertson? If you were talkimg about the Nimitabel pie shop, chances are its my MV....

Troz & Steptoe, when you guys have your bikes on the road, I recommend we do a trip from Cooma to Cann River and back... some good roads through there. We might be the inaugural members of the southern NSW chapter of the MV Club..... what about the guy in Albury... wow 4 members......

:laughing: :laughing

Doc:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Didn't realise there was an Agostini version of the SR. Learn something new every day.

Its probably something this website could use actually. A breakdown of every model in the F4 range with the changes between them each. Should prove a handy reference tool.

Might be able to include a 5th in the chapter as well. Met a guy named Branco with an Evo 3 (only had it for two weeks) at Autoitalia. Tried dragging him out for a ride two weeks ago but he didn't turn up. I'll give him another 2 chances before I right him off as a permanent no show.

Thanks for the ride invite but I've got the sister and her boyfriend down this weekend and traditionally double demerits = me not riding. The tart likes it rough and calls you all sorts of names if she's not given a proper spanking. :naughty:

Maybe we should aim for a ride in June from Canberra down brown mountain to bateman's bay and back?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Troz said:
Didn't realise there was an Agostini version of the SR. Learn something new every day.

Maybe we should aim for a ride in June from Canberra down brown mountain to bateman's bay and back?
The SR ("Special Racer") was originally going to be the AGO, but when MV decided to put the AGO out with the new 1000 engine, they used the unreleased 750 AGO bits (engine etc) and put the bike out as the F4 SR 750.

The AGO tacho was used - white background (same as in the F41000) but with the red "Agostini" signature of across the surface. The EVO3 and earlier F4s had the yellow tacho face.

I have heard a rumour that the "SR America" was just an EVO3 with special America paint job. Certainly the German dealer who advertised this model gave the engine details (power/torque etc) for the EVO3 and not the SPR/SR.

I'm up for a circuit of Browns Mountain and back up the Clyde in June - ANY OTHER MV RIDERS IN STH NSW/ACT INTERESTED???

cheers

Doc

1 - 16 of 16 Posts