MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been in trouble for a while to access here, but now I'm in.

Need your help in the following topic.

Do you know if the differences between OEM oil filters PN8000A0810 and kit PN8000B1552 are mainly the clip, screw and rubber to lock it?

I've bought the OEM oil filter for my MV F4 750 MY00 and I've received the PN552 kit instead of PN810 single filter.

Other strange thing is that the filter inside kit PN552 has the PN8000A9294 and not PN810, I run PN294 through startwin site and no results come out for this single part.

Could you help me to confirm that this kit PN552 with oil filter inside with PN294 is OK to use on my bike?

I run this kit PN552 in startwin site and seems to be OK to use in the Evo2 and Evo3, I belive it will suit my bike's MY00. Nevertheless I would like to hear this confirmation from any of you with more experience on this.

Txs for your help on this.

Best regards,

Nelson

·
Super Moderator
21,431 Posts
That will work just fine.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi guys, thanks for your inputs.

My main concern is that if those PNs I've described will suit my bike, from what I've read and your feedbacks it seems to be no problem.

I've been using Hiflo554 but decided for the OEM thinking it's the correct option and has the security clip as once I've had the hiflo loose.

As you sugested other brands what improvements they have from OEM?

There's any issue by choosing the OEM?

Thanks a lot

Nelson

·
Administrator
18,841 Posts
The OEM will be fine. Part numbers have changed through the years with different suppliers and with or without the securing band. But they are all the same.

The Purolator (and some others) have been rated the best filters by an independent laboratory in an analytic study of motorcycle oil filters from many manufacturers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey glad to see some active on gen 1 F4 engines! I have a 2004 Brutale 750, want to put the PL14612 on there, but I'm curious what about the rubber strap and clamp?

Upon reading more, it seems that it's the same premise as wiring the filter. Soo, with that note, should I reuse the clamp (if it's even on there, first oil change was done by a freakin dealer) or should I wire it using a good ol' hose clamp?

Update:
https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/20-maintenance-tech-issues-all-4-cyl-models/52020-oil-filter-clamp-4.html

ha

·
Super Moderator
21,431 Posts
Either way yo go you are fine....

·
Super Moderator
21,431 Posts
I also reuse mine.

·
Registered
14,209 Posts
?

ahaussmann123;
Follow the instructions on the oil filter.......If your track requires wiring, use a hose clamp....

The AMA Rule Book used to say "Everything retaining a fluid MUST use a POSITIVE retaining device"
Dickheads that they are, that was selective>:)>:)

Throw the stupid clamp away>:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts