MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are peoples bikes generally running at (temperature) with an ambient air temp of around 20 degrees?.

Also,is it my bike or does the temp rise quite quickly if you slow down to 40 ish mph (80 ish degrees + )

Thanks

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
outtadaloop said:
My normal running temp is around 170F...MV's run hot
Actually my GSX-R750 runs close to that...I think it usually is around 175F/180F...so I would not necessarely consider the MV being hot here...other than from its looks... :naughty:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
If you are stood in traffic and watch the temperature gauge, it easily breaks the 100 Celcius mark on even a cool day Barry. Mine tends to peak about 103 but when you get moving again it drops back to the mid 70's normally. They do run hot, the 1000's more so than the 750's if I remember correctly and I recall Mike saying his 1000R runs hotter than his old 1000S.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
john said:
If you are stood in traffic and watch the temperature gauge, it easily breaks the 100 Celcius mark on even a cool day Barry. Mine tends to peak about 103 but when you get moving again it drops back to the mid 70's normally. They do run hot, the 1000's more so than the 750's if I remember correctly and I recall Mike saying his 1000R runs hotter than his old 1000S.
John, my mate also has a MV, a 1000S, whenever/wherever we stop my R is always 8-10c hotter than his S :jsm:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phew.....thought I'd bought a load of problems,but it sound like its temperature is where it should be.

On a normal (16 degree) day it will be running at 72 deg. at 72 MPH.Don't remember my last one (2000 model) running quite as hot.......must be getting old.

Thanks Chaps for your comments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmmm. I always thought that my F4 750 running at 208-210 degrees (f) at stop lights was normal. Sounds like that may be a bit on the hot side compared to what you guys are seeing with yours.

Maybe I need one of those metal blades to help cool things off. :freezing:

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have an 2001 F4 750 & here in the UK it runs @ between 70 & 80 depending on the outside temperature but as soon as you stop at traffic lights it will quickly hit 95 before the fan cuts in. Also, if you are following another vehicle which disturbs the air flow the temperature will also rise but ive had the bike for 5 years so know what to expect. I did fit a twin radiator set up a couple of years ago but can honsetly say it didn't really make much difference.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Tend to agree with Anthill, ive also the F4 750 EV03 and temps sit around mid 70's even here up in Scotland. If town driving, the temp very quickly rises up to 90's+ and stays around that mark until faster flowing traffic

Had problems with the fan not cutting in a few years back, and posted outcome on a previous thread which was eventually traced to a faulty RELAY, replacement cost £3 but time finding fault was much higher

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Ditto on the above. My EVO3 will get up to about 103 in stopped, very slow traffic.

mid-70s while on the move.

But I really don't pay much attention to the temp once it is warmed up. I notice it in traffic, but don't worry about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts