MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys

Is the tank and airfilter box the same on both ..

as i was looking at a spare airfilterbox of a 750 and wondered if it would fit the thou.... as i rember that the 750 had thunb probs when on full lock ..

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
They are the same, usually the decals on top of the airbox are different, thats all. :)

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
john said:
They are the same, usually the decals on top of the airbox are different, thats all. :)
afaik, they are not the same. The 1000 has the "EBS" and therefore the 1000 Airbox has an additional supply on the left lower side for the "EBS".
But I think, you could easily close this supply with a plug, if you want to use the 1000 Airbox on the 750.

Totally different is the Airbox of the Tambu. It will only fit on the Tambu (or probably on the Veltro - both bikes with the variable intakes).

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JamesC said:
Yep, you can just plug the 1000 alu nipple if the airbox came from a 1000. No biggie.
Chaps its the other way round ... its a 750 airbox i want to put on a thou !!!

Will it work, can i just drill a hole ??

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Could work, but it´s more work. Only drilling a hole will not work.
Either you have to drill a hole and add a fitting for the hose (probably made of fiberglas), or anything else, where you could fix the hose airproof to the airbox... much more work this way.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Manuel_F4 said:
Could work, but it´s more work. Only drilling a hole will not work.
Either you have to drill a hole and add a fitting for the hose (probably made of fiberglas), or anything else, where you could fix the hose airproof to the airbox... much more work this way.

hmmm.. ok thanks for that .. i'll give it a miss.. :bawling:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
You could always just pop a little K&N air filter on the end of the pipe?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mikef4uk said:
You could always just pop a little K&N air filter on the end of the pipe?

lol.. Hi Mike.. hows tricks.. yep i spose i could, wether it'd work or not i dunno... just looking for 2nd hand tank/airbox for T/D use etc

Just been to snetts the last 2 mondays.. boy these f4 thou's fly... :f4:

Also i changed from a 180 rear to a 190 , and u defo feel the difference, very slow/sluggish to trun in and hold a line with the 190.. i spose i could dial it back in with ride height etc.. but will be going back to 180 , much better feel.... :smoking:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts