MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow Mv enthusiasts,

I'll cut straight to the chase, the dashboard of my 2000 f4 750s is not working.

Well not all of it, I have the headlight led, turn signals led, battery led, oil led working (top part) and everything else is off (lower part)

I know that f4s wouldn't turn on without a dashboard wich means the problem maybe is not with the dash itself as I already took it off and took it to replace the fuses and diodes in it and got every single one in it checked and change and it still didn't work when I got it back on.

The battery in this f4 is not stock it has been changed, i got the bike ten days ago and I just thought it could be a battery thing?

Another thing is I took the right fairing off to check wires and found that the red and white wire is attached to some other wire by hand (this has been fixed before, not by me)

I hope you guys could help me about this.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Not true that F4's can not start without dash connected, but that's slightly irrelevant. Main thing is that you look carefully at the wiring diagram, there's a lot of seperate input going to the dash and coming from ECU and various other inputs. That all or most of them are dead at once is a but unlikely, so I would star looking towards the common connections such as the (-) wires, usually in blue.

Since you've only had the bike for a short while, and you also have a "running" problem, I'd say a bit of maintenance and cleaning of connections would be a good start mate.

Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I feel your pain! I had the same problem on my 750.

The problem was where the cables were routed. On the right hand side a whole bunch of cables were bent under the engine mounting which attaches to the cylinder head. They had a plastic sleeve wrapped around them. A few of the wires in there had got brittle and come apart. Easy fix.

Good luck

Hope this helps you?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts