MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day everyone

I bought an F4 750 cc 2000 Model, after my purchase i decided to take my bike to the Mechanic for a Dyno tune and power commander, after all the mods were done i started having stalling issues when having to stop at traffic lights? i took the bike back and they have not yet been able to resolve the issue. They looked at the TPS and info posted on this site which was great but no joy still having the same problem. The mechanic has tried everything and he has been dealing with these for a long time and apparently a few other pepole have had this issue. This only seems to happen with 2000 models and i even replaced the electric system (the box under seat) still no joy. I could put up with it but i dont think i should have to. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions other than what has allready been discussed in these forums. Thanking all in advance for help.

cheers FAB
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,839 Posts
Welcome to the forum FAB and congrats on the bike.

Sorry to hear about the stalling, if you've done the plugs, TPS and CO...then I'm done but maybe some of the more mechanically minded here can offer some help.

When is it stalling?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rockethouse said:
Welcome to the forum FAB and congrats on the bike.

Sorry to hear about the stalling, if you've done the plugs, TPS and CO...then I'm done but maybe some of the more mechanically minded here can offer some help.

When is it stalling?
Thanks for the welcome message Rockethouse

It stalls when i stop at Traffic lights unless i rev it of course but i dont like the idea of doing that all the time because its anoying, i wish i had known about these issues before i bought this model.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
FAB said:
Thanks for the welcome message Rockethouse

It stalls when i stop at Traffic lights unless i rev it of course but i dont like the idea of doing that all the time because its anoying, i wish i had known about these issues before i bought this model.
Welcome!

I had a 2000 model for 4 years or so, stalling was never an issue at all UNLESS it had the MV Corse chip in that was supplied with my new SPR headers, I simply refitted the std chip.

I'm guessing here that you mechanic may not be familliar with the MV?

Have a look here:
http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/12/tuning-2-idle-base-co-and-throttle.html
maybe he could set it like this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much Mikef4uk for the welcoming message. :)

You have raised a good point and generally speaking i would agree as these machines are not common place but this mechanic has been working strictly on Ducati for the past 20 years and MV Agusta since 2000 and he is a dealer for MV as well as having quite a few MV Agusta customers and we are all scratching our heads. The Chip is a standard chip and we even swapped chips from one MV to another and it works for a bit and then same problem??? I dont know mate its driving me nuts :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,695 Posts
Welcome Aboard! I had the same problem with my 1098. It was way too lean at idle. This may not be the same on the MV but using an exaust gas analyzer you should be able to tell. It a place to start anyway.

CAG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
i had that proble for the first time on my 2000 model this summer. i took it to my mechanic(who turns wrenches for ferracci race team) and it was my tps it was 7 degrees off. the only other times my bike has stalled was when it is cold and hasnt been started in awhile. you may try a ferracci emprom chip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you both CAG and Morgan for replies it is so appreaciated and welcomed its nice to be part of a discussion forum where pepole help each other out. I will mention both suggestions to my mechanic allthough he has probably tried these its worth a mention you never know. keep them coming boys everything and anything helps. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,193 Posts
FAB said:
Thank you very much Mikef4uk for the welcoming message. :)

You have raised a good point and generally speaking i would agree as these machines are not common place but this mechanic has been working strictly on Ducati for the past 20 years and MV Agusta since 2000 and he is a dealer for MV as well as having quite a few MV Agusta customers and we are all scratching our heads. The Chip is a standard chip and we even swapped chips from one MV to another and it works for a bit and then same problem??? I dont know mate its driving me nuts :)
Ok.... Idle co needs to be around the 3.5% as a minimum, also check that the throttle return cable is not trying to shut the throttles when the twist grip is turned to the stop, make sure there is a little play there, I adjusted mine a little tight once and my bike did stall a few times before I sussed it :)

Early 1000's ahad a stalling issue that was fixed by Iridium spark plugs, again the exact plug spec is on the FAQ web site mentioned earlier, the fix came from Goggi himself :jsm:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mikef4uk said:
Ok.... Idle co needs to be around the 3.5% as a minimum, also check that the throttle return cable is not trying to shut the throttles when the twist grip is turned to the stop, make sure there is a little play there, I adjusted mine a little tight once and my bike did stall a few times before I sussed it :)

Early 1000's ahad a stalling issue that was fixed by Iridium spark plugs, again the exact plug spec is on the FAQ web site mentioned earlier, the fix came from Goggi himself :jsm:
Thanks for that mate, it also appears as though my mechanic has found what could be wrong so i will know definetly tomorrow and he will let me know how he fixed it and if its something that has not been posted yet i will be sure to post a thread with details so it can help others that may have this misfortune in future. This site and its members rock ! :)
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top