MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering fitting the quick shifter which plugs and plays with my power commmander

I'm curious re the strength of the 750 box. Now iv not heard of any box's let go and I don't want to be the first.

If anyone's fitted a q.s on a road going 750 I'd be interested to hear your wear and tear views from experience...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
What's kind of shift do you have right now? standard or reverse? if you do have reverse style get PC DYNO PULL QS just plugs in your PC and ask local dyno tunning set your QS work at 3000-3500rpm, if you have standard shifter then get PUSH QS..............................DO THE SAME ABOVE. I don't think it wear and tear on road, all depend on riders, even without QS some riders wear and tear their gear box

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Phil, I just have the standard Mv gear change at the moment, the guy who'll fit the q.s says it'll be fine and would only round the gears after loads and loads of miles but asked me to check if there's any inherent gearbox problems / weakness before we fit it

·
Registered
589 Posts
Quick shift

Hi James.
I am going for a quickshift system that does not need a P.C. and costs just as much as the add-on bits for the P.C.
I think the gearbox is strong enough, but of course it depends on the rider.
Anyway, I have a spare gearbox!!
With this system the clutchless downshift is not possible as MV is the "only bike in the world" that makes fitting unrealistic. Space problems under the airbox aparently.:ahhh:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
James,
if you put load of load miles on all bikes, with or without QS, all gear box will tear and wear. Ask you self this would you willing to pay or change out for gear box with little fun with QS? I would says yes, is that true to most of track rider do, they would do anything to get couple second of their time.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I have one on my 750. I only have it because it is so darn cool. If you upshift with out the clutch, I do, the qs makes it much, much smoother.

CAG

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have one on my 750. I only have it because it is so darn cool. If you upshift with out the clutch, I do, the qs makes it much, much smoother.

CAG
Hey Cag, this plain n simply is why I'm considering fitting one. I do about 3k per year and after pimping it to the eye balls it's about all that's left- and the brembo racing thumb brake :)

I'll give Jeff @ GTech the thumbs up

Cheers all for the feedback- good to hear from you too Frank, hope it's rainging with you lol :)

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
+10

Gearbox should be fine mate.
I have used the Dynojet shifter with Powercommander and got okay results, I now use the Dynojet shifter but connected to the Microtec ECU from X-Bikes.
The difference is amazing, so much smoother than the PC set-up. I could change hard on the gas leaning right over, 3rd to 4th, with the change so smooth that I looked down at my gear indicater to see if I did actualy hook 4th.
The Powercommander's problem is that you can only select one ignition interuption time for all gears, and there are other systems which allow adjustment of individual gears timing, which in turn allows you to tune it perfectly and thus being softer on the gearbox. I am not worried about backshifting with quickshifter as I like to feel what the back wheel is doing as I let the clutch out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts