MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went no my nightly skirmish of hunting down bikes on craigslist, cycle trader and ebay and have not seen ONE 312RR for sale anywhere.

I did see one a week ago for $21k which was nicely done up in Texas.

It seems the rarity if this specific model is up there.

I love mine and even the 312r's are getting hard to come by. 4600 miles on mine now, and I am content with parking it for a while.

I will continue to poor money into mine like Moby Dick after a damn whale.

Love these bikes.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
There are fewer than 50 in the US, including all three colors and both seating configurations. Monos are especially scarce, as most were 1+1s.

(For comparison, there were 150 F4 R312 models imported into the US in '08, and over 400 F4 1000R models imported in '07.)

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
I know two for sale over here in NL. One of those was mine...

·
Registered
253 Posts
I don't think your looking too hard.....there always seems to be one for sale somewhere in the U.S.

·
Super Moderator
22,323 Posts
The problem with searching for that elusive bike you want...is that you eventually find it!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Here in the UK there are 3 1078 rr's on ebay, all in the dark grey and black colour scheme. I spent 4 months tracking my red and silver one down....and with a very big smile.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have the red/silver 1078 312RR. Im in URUGUAY, SOUTH AMERICA. Love it and have no inttentions to sell. I could ask $30K here. Bikes in Uruguay are much more expensive than anywhere else, here you need $28k to buy the new 2015 Yamaha R1

·
Registered
517 Posts
I might be tempted to sell if the offer is right.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the red/silver 1078 312RR. Im in URUGUAY, SOUTH AMERICA. Love it and have no inttentions to sell. I could ask $30K here. Bikes in Uruguay are much more expensive than anywhere else, here you need $28k to buy the new 2015 Yamaha R1
that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I was in Hawaii I was the ONLY one with a MV F4. I was there for 7 years.
I must have seen 20+ Ducatis all over the place in Hawaii (mostly Mil of course).

When I was in Seattle, Alki beach or N Seattle etc, I saw maybe a total of 7 different F4's.
Ducatis were everywhere.

Here in Sarasota I have only seen one other MV, forget a 312r, or RR.

I would say from my experience, for Italian bikes; Ducati's are dime a dozen vs MV's on the road.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Man, Uruguay... that's awesome. I've been there many times, last time was 10 years ago... Love the pampas.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts