MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm making good progress on the rebuild of my 2008 312R - in truth, there wasn't a whole bunch that ended up needing replacing. Thanks to some great forum peeps here (and ebay), I managed to score levers, pedals, pegs, air intake tubes, tires/rims. Only thing missing is RH lowers in black/white. A portion of the right side frame is ugly looking with rash, but not bent.

Now to the fun part. Remember - I have already an 07 1000R in mint condition with 1300 miles. So I can experiment any way with the 312R and not feel too bad about messing with the stock magic look.

My options are:

1. Keep looking for the RH lower fairing. Return to form, maybe even land a non-salvage frame. The safe path.

2. Buy a set of racing lowers - who are the best sources? I see a few on Ebay, any others I might consider? Have a guilt-free track bike - even though I am not likely to be regularly tracking.

or.....something totally different, maybe custom. You don't see hardly any MV F4 customs, presumably because few people find themselves in the place I've landed.

But what if I were to work on giving a different look to the F4. Here's some photos I've been inspired by:

Radical - An Aprilia RSV done up as a café:

Iterative - A Brutale re-imagined as a Scrambler

Evolving - Here's one designer's take on an MV half-naked F4:

The last one is not quite my cup of tea, but shows the possibility of doing cosmetic only changes.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
:hand: :errr:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Here's a pic of my F4 without it's sides on.

She certainly isn't ugly but the cockpit fairing would need support and more work than meets the eye initially to marry it in pleasingly.

Doable though imho

joe

Attachments

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
An old school café F4 really interests me. Something like a "Paul Smart" or a "Green Frame".....

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Reviving an older thread. I sold the 07 F4 and bought a Brutale RR - which is really what I wanted to achieve in this thread, and it made no sense to chop up a perfectly good 312R. Also, I bought R1Andrew's red powder coated F4 frame, and now I hope to turn this thread into a frame-replacement thread.

I did come across this Magni rebuild yesterday which had me thinking.....hmm...but I'm staying the course on this rebuild

I've got a shop with a lift and various jacks, so should be able to get at this frame replacement task pretty easily, though it will surely take a while.

As I begin the planning, what things should I keep in mind? What spares and replacement items make sense as I tear into the bike (it has only 3500 miles)? Any tips appreciated. Will try to photo document for the next guy to follow me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts