MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello mv entusiasts.
i have this problem with my F4 312R, the engine broke with 19K km, a hole on engine in the 3rd cylinder. i was wonder if anyone knows about issues related about supplier construction and if anyone got an engine to sell..

thanks

·
Administrator
19,833 Posts
Welcome to the family, although not a happy welcome....

Do a search on the forum for connecting rod failures.....#3 seems the common one, but only certain models......
Seen it before.

Hope you have some luck with finding an engine.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My '02 F4 dropped #3 at 3000mi. DUC/MV shop here in Austin took it apart and sent in data/pics to North American MV Tech Rep. They think injectors were slowly leaning in the #3 and high temps eventually caused failure on Con Rod, Valves, piston and all the little things sucked through to the bottom end. Tech rep said OEM parts are not going to happen even if I had the $10-15k to spend on just the components and thats before the labor bill comes. Apparently the injectors are very fragile. I've had no luck sourcing and F4 engine and ended up getting an 04 Brutale as a donor. I ended up getting the donor bike from a non MV dealer that took it on a trade. Most of the shops that sell Japanese or US bikes kinda see the older MV's as a liability for a used market bike. The dealer I went to gives 30 day warranty on all used bikes and knew that scarcity of parts made the bike a liability. For a quick cash sale as is/no warranty he was pretty motivated to let it go a very good price point. That was my experience and hope it helps in your search for a solution.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so, for all i can see there´s many issues related to broken 1000 mv engine...with the same sympton...i´ll try to contact mv italy to see the feedback.. meanwhile,i find here in Portugal one guy selling his mv engine just like mine, broke up in the 3rd cylinder.. even the hole´s look like..
thanks for the links, now i look the problem in other way of view..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts