MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd love to hear other peoples opinion on my dilemma. I own a F4 2012RR which is in "as new" condition with only 1800 miles, however the engine is burning a ridicules amount of oil (1ml per mile), its looking as if MV are going to install a new engine for me, which is good as long as they don't mark the bike installing it. A part from the oil issue I think the bike is great.:)
The garage have given me the option to trade the bike in for a F4 2013RR which has been registered for 5 month and then returned due to many faults, but I'm told all the faults have been rectified now. I would also need to give a sizable payment down as well and I am sort of tempted but after reading all the negative reports about the 2013RR I'm having second thoughts. I would be interested in your opinion.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Keep the 2012RR. Less potential for things to go wrong ie electronic gizmos and you have a way better colour scheme. What colour is it? Besides your getting a new engine compared to getting a bike with a bad history

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Well you could get the one problem you have fixed under warranty (I presume), or you can trade it in with a heap of cash on a bike that's had a history of problems. Is there even a choice to be made here??

Si

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep the 2012RR. Less potential for things to go wrong ie electronic gizmos and you have a way better colour scheme. What colour is it? Besides your getting a new engine compared to getting a bike with a bad history

Interestingly the colour of the 2013 is white, which I'm not that keen on, were as mine is red. I don't mind the gizmos as long as they work, but I'm not sure if MV have fix anything?

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Interestingly the colour of the 2013 is white, which I'm not that keen on, were as mine is red. I don't mind the gizmos as long as they work, but I'm not sure if MV have fix anything?
Quickshifter aint working still and i wouldnt want to rely on electronic suspension you have the best suspension setup on your 12 now. The white 2013 is terrible and the red12 is beautiful.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Which ever choice you make you are rolling the dice. That said, I dearly love my 2012 F4RR and I wouldn't be swapping her out for a 2013 model.

I also agree that the the 2013 paint scheme isn't as pretty as the 2012 - but I would say that wouldn't i :)

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Keep your bike. And remember they´ll never go 312.....he he:toothless
It doesnt????
And mine?? Will it??

Oh... And I would take the 2013. I like that one much more!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I saw the white one last week that black sticker is terrible it could look better if it went to the end of the side fairing and the top of the fairing close to the nose cone.

I would rather the red. I rode a 12 RR its a wespon your a lucky man

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Red 12 RR is a looker......13 RR is a shocker !

MV always release the simple colors in the first year, like the F3 and 2010 F4....simple, effect color breakups that allow the design of the bike to sing, not the crappy decals....then it tends to just go from shit to shit with wacky slickers from then on. 2013 RR is the evidence.

The black/white 13 RR is just plain awful ...never thought I'd say that about any MV let alone an F4

I shudder to think of the crap they will throw at the F3 over the next few years....

Keep the 2012....

·
Registered
186 Posts
For sure keep the 12

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Get the 2013, remove all the electronic gizmos, paint it to look a 2012. Problem solved, well, certainly it would be for most of the respondents in this thread.

Interestingly, there isn't a reply that starts 'Having ridden both the F4RR from 2012 & 2013, I believe............." :eek:

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Get the 2013, remove all the electronic gizmos, paint it to look a 2012. Problem solved, well, certainly it would be for most of the respondents in this thread.

Interestingly, there isn't a reply that starts 'Having ridden both the F4RR from 2012 & 2013, I believe............." :eek:
Come on bud. Even you can agree that the 13 paint scheme is shit. As for the electronics im not fond of them and rather have full ohlins without electronics alot of guys here too would

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Come on bud. Even you can agree that the 13 paint scheme is shit. As for the electronics im not fond of them and rather have full ohlins without electronics alot of guys here too would

Hey Sam,

Shit is a harsh word - I wouldn't use it as it would offend those that have one & like it - I see no valid reason in doing that.

If I bought a 2013RR because I wanted one (incidentally I wouldn't ask anyone here if I should or shouldn't), In all honesty I would have it painted exactly like the 2013 red/silver R (which I really like) & have my paint guy (Dutchy from Dutchy's Motorcycle Spray Art) add a second matching R to the orginal R thereby creating my own RR - but that's me.

As for the full electronic ohlins package I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it - the day I ride to those limits on the road (which where I ride my bikes) is pretty the day I've decided to give up on life and have set about to commit suicide with a motorcycle as the implement of choice for my demise.

I guess I am saying I agree with you in a roundabout kind of way :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Hey Sam,

Shit is a harsh word - I wouldn't use it as it would offend those that have one & like it - I see no valid reason in doing that.

If I bought a 2013RR because I wanted one (incidentally I wouldn't ask anyone here if I should or shouldn't), In all honesty I would have it painted exactly like the 2013 red/silver R (which I really like) & have my paint guy (Dutchy from Dutchy's Motorcycle Spray Art) add a second matching R to the orginal R thereby creating my own RR - but that's me.

As for the full electronic ohlins package I wouldn't have a clue what to do with it - the day I ride to those limits on the road (which where I ride my bikes) is pretty the day I've decided to give up on life and have set about to commit suicide with a motorcycle as the implement of choice for my demise.

I guess I am saying I agree with you in a roundabout kind of way :)
Im with you all the way with the repaint scheme thats exactley my thoughts i would repaint the bike in that red silver scheme or the least have that black side panel painted all black to the fairing

As for the shit word im hoping that someone from MV would see it if i said it enough so theyd realise they need to fix it. Sorry guys no offence to who bought one though i do like the red a little more ?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

I know a trustworty rider who rode the 13RR....from his feedback alone, I'd be keeping the '12...and then you don't have to repaint either !!! Double win Rob !

·
Registered
179 Posts
personaly i like the 2013rr in the white/black.... but from all the issues the issues going with the 2013rr atm, i have decided not to upgrade from my 2010, to a 2013..... if you have a 2012rr with the same engine as the 13rr theres no way in hell i'd be trading it

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I think MV are getting short of designs for the F4, I like the 2012 scheme over the 2013, and i'd take a red 2013 over the white one.

Some of MV's designs are great, I liked the Mamba years ago, I have always liked the traditional red/silver, the white and black on the 312 was..ok.

My vote goes for the new motor :)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I know a trustworty rider who rode the 13RR....from his feedback alone, I'd be keeping the '12...and then you don't have to repaint either !!! Double win Rob !
:laughing: fair enough @ double win.

But seriously, I also know a 2013RR rider, as well as 2012RR riders - I haven't ridden either and as much as I truly like those salt of the earth guys I am certain I would not buy a bike for me on their feedback.

In fact, I wouln't go off Ago's (my all time & only idol/hero in case you are wondering the significance of this reference) own feedback if he came to my house and spoke to me personally.

I will sound like a broken record but who cares, I don't ;) - when it comes to bikes I buy what stirs my soul & no two souls are a like, hence why reviews are meaningless to me, I know my own mind & soul like no one else does or ever will. So what have they to tell me?

If I wanted a 2013RR as I said, I'd buy it, I'd paint it, I'd love it & I couldn't care less what forumites or anyone thought of it, unless I was buying it for them :wtf: I am at loss to understand why people seek others' approval when it comes to buying bikes. I do understand we are all different :)

1 - 20 of 109 Posts