MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always avoid racing other bikes simply because roads are bad here and car drivers are idiots so its pretty much stupid and suicidal.

However last night I could not resist.. After some guy with a new ZX10 came up to me in the petrol station to ask whether my bike is a new Hyosung (!) I replied No its an Italian bike and then he concluded it must be a crap engine (he said Italian engineering usually is), it looks OK but if I wanted power I should have gotten the new ZX10... I just said why dont we find out in the highway nearby?

The MV smoked the ZX10. OK I do have a microtec ecu and full system but still I was not sure of the outcome. New kawa challenged even the mighty BMW so I honestly thought I could be embarassed. But no. First 150m he stayed behind me but end of a 1.5 km straight the MV was maybe ..20m in the front.. Guy at traffic lights said that he missed a couple of gears thats why he stayed behind. Right.

Just to share the 'experience' although not to be repeated any time soon. Not bad for a Hyosung, right??

P.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Good story Phil! He probably missed a few gears in his head as well... :naughty:

That 1078RR is one h*ll of a bike, as I recall only too clearly... :banghead:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Funny my buddy rode my 1000s for about a mile and he comes back honestly asking me if it was a 600:wtf: he has a cbr1000rr. i said no its a 1000 completely stock, he says ok....i guess they dont have that much power, so i say, its enough, trust me is enough. still havent had the opportunity to open it up on the highway next to him just to compare. btw great story :yo:

·
Registered
643 Posts
was the guy at the gas station 12 yrs old? I mean who just comes up and says that crap? That guy is a complete idiot and I'm glad you busted his balls.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, I never understand why so many people are so narrow-minded. They just would have to read a bike magazine..... ohh reading... maybe that is the skill I was expecting wrongly.

In any event: boys and girls, such people are riding on the street and try to compete with you. Beware, because they may lack other skills too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If he thinks that the 1000 S .... is a 600 ..... for sure he doesnt live in planet earth..... i mean cbr 1000 rr is slower then the 1000 S specially at lower revs....

and the cbr 600.... doesnt move untill 9000 rpm.

I changed my F4 1000 S for a Yamaha r1 .... and untill 9000 rpm ... no way the R1 was faster....

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Well, I never understand why so many people are so narrow-minded. They just would have to read a bike magazine..... ohh reading... maybe that is the skill I was expecting wrongly.

In any event: boys and girls, such people are riding on the street and try to compete with you. Beware, because they may lack other skills too.
+10

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
If he thinks that the 1000 S .... is a 600 ..... for sure he doesnt live in planet earth..... i mean cbr 1000 rr is slower then the 1000 S specially at lower revs....

and the cbr 600.... doesnt move untill 9000 rpm.

I changed my F4 1000 S for a Yamaha r1 .... and untill 9000 rpm ... no way the R1 was faster....
i know i just did not want to argue over his opinion. he just happen to get married so i think his mind was not all there, :bash::laughing:

·
Vendor
5,371 Posts
Great story and great result,Hope the Jap freak watches what he says in the future,Mitch.:yo:

·
Registered
589 Posts
FWIW the ZX10 has won every round of the Spanish Superbike championship so far. Beating the BMW´s as well.
Not such a bad bike, But not my choice over an MV.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
ZX10 ..lmfao

We have a couple kicking around in the WA Superbikes, Jamie Boland and Ralph Mammoliti peddle them quick but a finding it hard to catch seasoned BMW rider Dan Stauffer, in the background I have beaten a few Beemers and ZX10's, and although I think it is down to the rider I must add that not very often, if ever, does anybody come past me on the straight bit's. And my bike is only a 06/07 1000R, not even a 312 etc.
This Robin on his beautifully prepared ZX10, having some issue's which I am sure he will work through in time.

·
Vendor
5,371 Posts
Go Donsy.Donsy did you watch Stauffer last weekend at Queensland Raceway coming onto the main straight,how close was that to an off,but I did notice he did not back off,the man has big balls I must say.Also Donsy can I ask you have you ever missed a gear or had a false neutral with the MV,just interested to know,Mitch.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
FWIW the ZX10 has won every round of the Spanish Superbike championship so far. Beating the BMW´s as well.
Not such a bad bike, But not my choice over an MV.
Superbike racing is not a very good indicator of the road bike, it's more of a who has the most money.

A better indicator is what runs and wins in Superstock, as an e.g look at the Aprilia in WSB, then try and find one in Superstock

·
Registered
589 Posts
Info

Superbike racing is not a very good indicator of the road bike, it's more of a who has the most money.

A better indicator is what runs and wins in Superstock, as an e.g look at the Aprilia in WSB, then try and find one in Superstock
The Spanish CEV Buckler Stock Extreme, which is for 1000cc bikes, allows very few mods to the bikes. I have read the rules and the bikes are very stock, more so than the BSB series.
Although I agree that the rider makes a big difference.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

The Spanish CEV Buckler Stock Extreme, which is for 1000cc bikes, allows very few mods to the bikes. I have read the rules and the bikes are very stock, more so than the BSB series.
Although I agree that the rider makes a big difference.
That is right, do not mistake National Superbike Championships with WSBK Racing. Also, no Aprilia does 15 laps in stock trim without breaking down :naughty: .

·
Registered
358 Posts
I think it realty says something that the mv design as old as it is can still compete with modern bikes. For all its quirks the engineering that went into that bike was and is still amazing. Function follows form, no gimics just just solid engineering.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Function follows form, no gimics just just solid engineering

That should start a thread. No problem.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts