MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

Just acquired an '09 F4 1078 with about 1K on the clock. Been reading a lot of posts on the F4 and had a coupla Q's.

1) Mods:
Kinda like to keep the bike as stock as possible, so not talking bling (she looks super model hot, I'm a fashion victim so getting fluffy dice may not be appropriate :yo:) Not talking about the usual raditor guard etc either, but anything specific for the F4 to prevent problems etc
I've found Donsy's post:
"All you need to know...":
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=107834
What seems mandatory is:
Wellnuts
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=32557
Radiator Bracket
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=135929

Seems there's a few things about the bike running hot (fans etc), but my riding is all mountain twisties and stock setup seems OK to me. I have ridden in city traffic once and it was definately a case of chestnuts roasting on an open fire, its extremely unlikely that'll happen often.

2) Bar Risers:
I'm old, short and fat so finding I'm fighting my way around the tank on chicane type corners. Found some old posts about FBF risers and CycleCat.
FBF enables you to raise the angle of the bars, I've seen photos so have an idea of what its about and it'll likely do. Would be interested if someone had photos of the CycleCat option, though seems a lot more involved with having to replace/move the reservoirs as well.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanx

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
Welcome to the madhouse....

Do a search on rear hub issues. You'll want to ensure your chain and pinchbolts are correctly adjusted.

·
Registered
756 Posts
you may want to look at a Bodis exhaust to lighten and make the bike sound better
+1 A decent exhaust is the first way to go and Bodis is a nice example, in that case add a sport air filter (DNA or BMC).
The radiator bracket, chain adjustment checking and a MV Corse improved water impeller are in my opinion the main things to consider.
If you want to go even further you can change the plastic fuel connector with a metal part avoinding to break more easily...and I think that s about it. Enjoy the bike :mouthwate

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome to the madhouse....

Do a search on rear hub issues. You'll want to ensure your chain and pinchbolts are correctly adjusted.
Thx for the heads up. More reading todo.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you may want to look at a Bodis exhaust to lighten and make the bike sound better
Thx, will look at it, though I do love the look/sound of the stock.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
+1 A decent exhaust is the first way to go and Bodis is a nice example, in that case add a sport air filter (DNA or BMC).
The radiator bracket, chain adjustment checking and a MV Corse improved water impeller are in my opinion the main things to consider.
If you want to go even further you can change the plastic fuel connector with a metal part avoinding to break more easily...and I think that s about it. Enjoy the bike :mouthwate
Thx for the ideas. Would have to be dead not to enjoy the 1078.
:ahhh::ahhh::ahhh:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
See my posts on the forum as I have the same year and model! What color is yours?
Thx I'll have a look at your posts. Mines red/silver.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Noob eats humble pie.....

When you compare the difference in weight and the difference in sounds you will think the stock is tame
Thx number2, checked out a youtube link Donsy posted, sounds awesome.:yo:

Another item joins the shopping list...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.
Keep an eye on the rear hub as you've probably seen, and you'll be fine, that's a great bike.
Make sure you have some metal fuel fittings handy for the next time you have to remove the tank.
Forum sponsor Design Corse used to have bar risers, I've also posted links to adjustable bars which I've used in the past - Cycle Cat has not done anything for MV in years. http://www.performanceparts.de/en/MV-AGUSTA/F4-750-1078/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum mate.
Keep an eye on the rear hub as you've probably seen, and you'll be fine, that's a great bike.
Make sure you have some metal fuel fittings handy for the next time you have to remove the tank.
Forum sponsor Design Corse used to have bar risers, I've also posted links to adjustable bars which I've used in the past - Cycle Cat has not done anything for MV in years. http://www.performanceparts.de/en/MV-AGUSTA/F4-750-1078/
Hey
Thx for info on cycle cat, any idea of other options to raise the actual bar height and not just the angle of the bars?
Thx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Shopping List and some more Q's.

Hey

Appreciate the replies. I've put together my shopping list:

1) Wellnuts
2) Radiator support
3) Metal fuel fittings
4) Water impeller, Q rode today, a cool 19 C, while riding temp ran at 85-95C, seems a bit warm. Any idea how much a water impeller would improve the running temp? Live in Oz so bit concerned what running temp would be in summer when its 35+C. Won't be doing any city riding so mod fans not really a solution.
5) Hub, Q Bike only has 1100km on it, so I'll look at doing this next service. I've read on forum to not over tighten the chain, but on the ride today, it felt that the chain was a bit loose. I've just had some new rubber put on and checked the chain, 6mm play. Is chain feeling loose normal?
6) Bodis exhaust

Have I missed anything to keep bike alive/maintained?

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
You should probably replace the internal fuel tank pressure hoses and drain lines in the tank. Those hoses tend to degrade over time as fuel is a harsh environment in which to live.

·
Registered
14,737 Posts
?

Mom
1) Wellnuts replaced on REAR injector cover bolts only, with rivnuts
2) Torque on pinch bolts reduced to 15lbft/20Nm
3) Chain play increased to 8mm
4) Metal fuel fittings, males, buy from Forum Sponsors
5) Radiator support
4) Water impeller, a remap turning the fans on at 85C will fix that
5) Hub, see #2
6) Bodis exhaust
7) sitting on the bike on the stand will loosen the pan bolts and cause an oil leak
Fixed.......

Just ride the bitch:drummer:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mom

Fixed.......

Just ride the bitch:drummer:
Thx, feedback appreciated.
Got out twice on weekend, only thing holding her back is the noob twisting the wrist....:ahhh:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts