MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am sad to see this model going for such a low price :(
When i see those prices i am kind of doubting to invest any money in mine, but i like a lot and i thing it should become a classic.
What do you think?

·
Wing Nut
21,595 Posts
12 year old bike.... buying a MV is not a financial investment unless you keep it for about 50 years. It is an emotional investment.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I am sad to see this model going for such a low price :(
When i see those prices i am kind of doubting to invest any money in mine, but i like a lot and i thing it should become a classic.
What do you think?
I think that from a different perspective it offers a budding enthusiast an opportunity to acquire one of these bikes at an affordable price. Sure, it is cheaper than some similar F4s, this for instance:

but I would look to the more 'exclusive' MVs if my only purchasing criteria were investment. Even then, as stated, price will only mark time after taking into account insurance, registration (if ridden) battery tender costs and/or some annual maintenance.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Tempting!

Bikes are a pretty crap investment really, but perhaps they're a decent wealth store that you can get a lot of fun out of. I don't expect to lose much if anything on any of mine from a purely monetary perspective and perhaps a little growth if lucky purely from a purchase vs sale price perspective.

I will of course lose anything I shell out to own them such as insurance/tax/maintenance but that's balanced with smiles per gallon.

I've just bought a bike today! Hopefully collecting in the morning! One more off the list, no F4 yet though :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I’ve only put down the deposit so far so the deed isn’t fullydone yet. I’ll be on their doorstep first thing tomorrow morning!

It’s an Aprilia RS250 Chesterfield with 2600 miles. That and the F4 have been top of my list for a long time but I’d bought all the cheaper bikes first. It‘s a case of as and when with these things, good ones don’t come up everyday, just hope it’s a good ‘un!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems it only took 2 days till someone decided to buy the F4, the add is out already :)
When buying an old bike like this it matters a lot the way it was stored, had some small problems with mine. If you don't know how to store it properly you better sell it!
I am in the process of fixing everything and replace the water pump and the rear hub, before taking it out for a proper ride.

If you are interested in more bikes there is an auction 25 - 26 April 2020 "The Spring Stafford Sale", some great selection. Attached some in the photos bellow:

Thanks for your replies and good luck with your new bike Nito!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Thanks Andrei/Nigel.

The advert for this RS only went live with a library pic thursday night. Friday lunchtime they updated with pics, I called them, placed a 10% refundable deposit except £100 which they would retain if I backed out and then I collected it this morning.

The phone has been ringing off the hook and he had a list of people to call back if it fell through which he showed me. They were ringing even afterhe changed the ad to sold last night.

So without further ado...

Dealer pre reg plus one lady owner, 2.6k miles, 1995 Chesterfield rep!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts