MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everyone, I finally had a chance to work on my bike this weekend. I bought the part back in February, but It looks like the part (8000B3622) I received fits a 2010+ F4 with a slightly longer swing arm. I did specify the correct part number: 800087473. I know the part is unobtainable otherwise. Not upset with the seller; he's good people.

The left side (engine side) metal strap and bolt line up and fit. The right side is a few centimeters too long. The alignment pin on the left side also doesn't line up. I'm going to trim this pin and the right side of the slider a little to try and make this work. The important thing I see is that the ridge in the middle of the slider is straight and the rollers on the chain are contacting that ridge properly. Hope to complete the job by this coming weekend. Let's see how it goes. Here are pictures of the work so far:

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yes, thank you for The pictures. The material is soft. You can probably mark and cut with a razor. Drill new hole for metal plate. I also noticed from the pics that the guides that are inside the left frame by the foot peg holes are damaged. I buy used parts off ebay sometimes. I just received the whole side frame used. With the parts. I’ll just take them off. Ill send pics soon

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, thank you for The pictures. The material is soft. You can probably mark and cut with a razor. Drill new hole for metal plate. I also noticed from the pics that the guides that are inside the left frame by the foot peg holes are damaged. I buy used parts off ebay sometimes. I just received the whole side frame used. With the parts. I’ll just take them off. Ill send pics soon
Hey Jim, I recently did exactly as you did. Just recently noticed a clicking noise when coming to a stop and put my bike on the stand to find the upper swing arm chain guide shattered and the lower frame guide broken. Your write up could not have been better timed. I also bought a swing arm and left side frame plate to salvage the parts off of (y).

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey Jim, I recently did exactly as you did. Just recently noticed a clicking noise when coming to a stop and put my bike on the stand to find the upper swing arm chain guide shattered and the lower frame guide broken. Your write up could not have been better timed. I also bought a swing arm and left side frame plate to salvage the parts off of (y).
Thank you Pitt always feels good to help! I know I have gotten alot of help here from other members!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Cool, thanks.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The upper and lower slider is deteriorated.

The part numbers look to be the same:

800087476 - CHAIN SKID FOR FRAME PLATE MV

It looks like the upper slider fits in upside down.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So I removed the ones from the frame plate I bought. So the "replacement" past has these plastic pins that stayed inside the holes in the frame. How to get them out? So I used a wood screw of a smaller diameter. I figured the plastic is so soft I could use the wood screw to screw in a litttle and pull out the plastic piece. Ended up using the screw as an awl, little by little working the thread into the plastic and pulling out the remaining pieces. Until I was able to fi in the newish chain guide. Boy my bike is dirty. I am not a big fan of cleaning and degreasing. One of the replacement pieces had a crack in the plastic and that one I mounted on the top guide as it never really comes in contact with the chain. Basically installed the upper old one in the lower guide with was in better shape. Installed the more worn lower one as the upper guide.

Then went for a ride Sans Fairings-- bike rides a lot cooler. Maybe make it a pseudo brute!
IMG_5100.JPG
IMG_5101.JPG
IMG_5103.JPG
IMG_5104.JPG
IMG_5105.JPG
IMG_5107.JPG
IMG_5113.JPG
IMG_5112.JPG

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok, sounds good. Will look out for the possible stuck pins and use your trick with a wood screw.

Remove the nose cone and go for a ride. People will think you are from the future. The F4 looks futuristic and menacing without the fairings and nose cone.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok, sounds good. Will look out for the possible stuck pins and use your trick with a wood screw.

Remove the nose cone and go for a ride. People will think you are from the future. The F4 looks futuristic and menacing without the fairings and nose cone.
Haha that's true. The fairings are so crappy anyway. After 11 years they are so brittle. The heat bakes them like pottery. I actually prefer riding without them. But the fairings do protect the bike from dirts and bugs.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts