2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Like this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The tank, airbox, and tail are from an Oro and in mint condition. I don't want to sell them and repainting would be a sin.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Black Matt Carbon ? - or would that look cheap?....I'm assuming you're keeping the red tank/tail...or is repainting them (and the fairings) an option?
black matte is pretty much the stock frame color.

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
I like Ed's suggestion...titanium frame

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,554 Posts
Yeah....

·
Registered
436 Posts
Any other suggestions other than red or black?
Well if I were doing it for MY bike, I'd do the frame CRC Pearly white code 927 PE20 ;) But if you're bike is going to be red and carbon, I duno... It's all personal choice, personally like the copper finish it has already! (y)

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got a little more done today. Next step is the engine.

Attachments

Reactions: 312R Dan

·
Registered
306 Posts
Keep the frame and change the red to matt grey?

Reactions: MV Arthur

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah, for now I think I'm keeping the frame color. I'm sanding my frame plates and will paint them this week so I can start putting it together.

Reactions: 312R Dan

·
Registered
23 Posts
The colour that you have painted the frame with is very close to a factory Ducati from 1959. That was the 200 Elite..a model specifically for America. If you followed that scheme then you would possibly have to get some chrome onto the tank. That would possibly lead to some chrome foil on the fairing which would take a lot of thinking. Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Ian, I remember seeing a Gilera with brown and chrome too. Mighta been at Barber. Gives me more ideas.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thinking a bit more about your challenging situation, I recall that the 1973 MV Agusta 750GT had a similarly coloured frame. Take a look. The graphics are rubbish but the white works well. Pin striping would be important as well. There is a good look in all of this with a bit of hard thinking. Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Frame is on and got some more parts together. Slowly starting to take shape. No rush.

Had a set of carbon fiber handlebars from a parts lot I bought so I put em on. Look nice but probably won't use them. A lot of bumps in NYC so doubt they'll hold up well.

Went with a very lightly metallic titanium gray for the frame plates and will get the same done for the swingarm when it's time for the rear end.

Hopefully the bike fits in the elevator with the front end on. Might have to remove the front wheel to get it to fit. I'll put the rear end together in my apt then attach it to the frame in the garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
The bike is looking good! Are you running with the red tank? Having to use an elevator makes life interesting. Decades ago I did a frame strengthening on a Z1 and forgot about getting the finished bike down the stairs. Eventually got it down with help. Cheers and keep us posted.
Ian

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
not sure about the gold forks and the frame color. How are you going to modify the air tube to fit the radiator?

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thanks! Yes, for now I'm gonna try the red nose, tank, airbox, and tail, and carbon, gray, black below. Hopefully it's not too bad.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
not sure about the gold forks and the frame color. How are you going to modify the air tube to fit the radiator?
I bought a factory Senna 1000 cf airtube that has a little hole in it below for around 50 bucks a few years ago. It's in storage right now but I think it's around the same area that I'll need to cut.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts