2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Like this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The tank, airbox, and tail are from an Oro and in mint condition. I don't want to sell them and repainting would be a sin.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Black Matt Carbon ? - or would that look cheap?....I'm assuming you're keeping the red tank/tail...or is repainting them (and the fairings) an option?
black matte is pretty much the stock frame color.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I like Ed's suggestion...titanium frame

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,129 Posts
Yeah....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Any other suggestions other than red or black?
Well if I were doing it for MY bike, I'd do the frame CRC Pearly white code 927 PE20 ;) But if you're bike is going to be red and carbon, I duno... It's all personal choice, personally like the copper finish it has already! (y)

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Got a little more done today. Next step is the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
253 Posts
Keep the frame and change the red to matt grey?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah, for now I think I'm keeping the frame color. I'm sanding my frame plates and will paint them this week so I can start putting it together.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The colour that you have painted the frame with is very close to a factory Ducati from 1959. That was the 200 Elite..a model specifically for America. If you followed that scheme then you would possibly have to get some chrome onto the tank. That would possibly lead to some chrome foil on the fairing which would take a lot of thinking. Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks Ian, I remember seeing a Gilera with brown and chrome too. Mighta been at Barber. Gives me more ideas.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thinking a bit more about your challenging situation, I recall that the 1973 MV Agusta 750GT had a similarly coloured frame. Take a look. The graphics are rubbish but the white works well. Pin striping would be important as well. There is a good look in all of this with a bit of hard thinking. Cheers
Ian

·
Super Moderator
21,778 Posts

21 - 35 of 35 Posts