MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across George's old frame and engine and have some old Oro parts so I'm doing a 312RR. I'm gonna try to make the red work with the copper frame. If not, I'll put the Oro parts I have back in storage and do a custom 312RR scheme. Hope this project goes farther than my Brutale!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah I totally get that. As for the copper frame that will be a little tricky. But I suppose because I have never on a bike seen that color combination.

·
Super Moderator
22,717 Posts
Maybe we should trade frames, Art....

Reactions: 312R Dan

·
Registered
436 Posts
Came across George's old frame and engine and have some old Oro parts so I'm doing a 312RR. I'm gonna try to make the red work with the copper frame. If not, I'll put the Oro parts I have back in storage and do a custom 312RR scheme. Hope this project goes farther than my Brutale!
That'll look stunning mate (y) keep us posted... :D (y)

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That'll look stunning mate (y) keep us posted... :D (y)
Thanks man, hoping to get this running by the end of the year. Might have lots of downtime if NYC goes on lockdown.

·
Super Moderator
22,717 Posts
I have an F4 frame for my track bike project. I would need an F4 frame in return.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Thanks man, hoping to get this running by the end of the year. Might have lots of downtime if NYC goes on lockdown.
Lets hope all is well either way!

But you have some fine frames there Art, plenty to keep busy with, you could start up a USA branch of the MV factory for "AL" special editions ;) (y) I'd buy one! (y)

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have an F4 frame for my track bike project. I would need an F4 frame in return.
I'm gonna see this one through but if you want, I'm happy to take yours to my friend's shop for some color.

·
Super Moderator
22,717 Posts
I have the facility and the skill to do the paint job that I envision. I have done this sort of work before and enjoy it immensely.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the facility and the skill to do the paint job that I envision. I have done this sort of work before and enjoy it immensely.
This I know as we spoke about it on a few occasions. Powdercoating is quick, easy, and cheap. And perhaps more chip resistant. However, I'm sure the paint will look nicer.

·
Super Moderator
22,717 Posts
We shall see...

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Hi Art, (IMO)...I think the frame needs to be repainted away from the Rose-Gold/Copper to black or red considering the other component colours. In my opinion, the current colour just simply clashes and isn't a 'feature' :(

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Art, (IMO)...I think the frame needs to be repainted away from the Rose-Gold/Copper to black or red considering the other component colours. In my opinion, the current colour just simply clashes and isn't a 'feature' :(
Both of those colors have been done to death. I've considered dark metallic gray, candy apple blue, pearl white, and even some neon colors. I know it's hard to mess with perfection but at this point I'm not expecting to be better than what's been done. Just different. And not horrific at the same time.

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any other suggestions other than red or black?

·
Premium Member
2,583 Posts
Black Matt Carbon ? - or would that look cheap?....I'm assuming you're keeping the red tank/tail...or is repainting them (and the fairings) an option?

·
Premium Member
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You mean like a krinkle finish?

·
Administrator
20,554 Posts
Titanium .... That's my suggestion

1 - 20 of 94 Posts