Jason + Stanley Knife + D.I.Y = Casualty and
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
after a lot of buggering about down the dealers
the faults found were as follows

fuel pump
fuel regulator

hense the reason she wouldn't start but the pump primed up and it did squel a bit
price including labour to repair

£620 not bad for only 2700 miles obviously built to last

hunt around another pump assembly bought £160 including postage

garage rung me its fixed they say was running a bit rough so the plugs we're changed and its running sweet so they tell me
charge for fitting new pump etc £167

picking her up tomorrow pm 35miles ride home if it plays up i'm gonna torch the fucker

mv looks good but god not happy with reliability but well see what happens over the next few weeks before le mans
if the rsv4 wern't so bloody dear i'd be trading no questions asked

i'll let you know

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've come sooo close to setting mine on fire ! :flamethro Infact I was going to burn the whole fricken garage down and collect the insurance

·
Registered
909 Posts
No doubt about it, it's definitely frustrating at times- I tell myself it's a labour of love ! Like a beautiful woman, the highs are high & the lows are low !!!

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeriman
No doubt about it, it's definitely frustrating at times- I tell myself it's a labour of love ! Like a beautiful woman, the highs are high & the lows are low !!!

true but i like to ride the beautiful women in my life
sounds more like real marriage to me
no shag unless you let me spend money on myself
sorry to be blut but the ride home tomorrow better be a good one

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
To be realistic a fuel pump...hmmmm. it could be worse. You should see what some of my mates on their new Ducatis are going through. One just a got a new replcement...as the whole engine just seized...not nice.

Good luck.

·
Registered
568 Posts
To be realistic a fuel pump...hmmmm. it could be worse. You should see what some of my mates on their new Ducatis are going through. One just a got a new replcement...as the whole engine just seized...not nice.

Good luck.

At least Ducati fixed the bike by replacing it, and they sell in a lot more numbers than MV so you will see more problems.
First time I've heard of a bike being replaced, can't beat that for customer service. What are MV doing with all the problems their bikes are having?

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi symptoms were

firing electrics but not starting pump primed as it should do
when it started going wrong it was lumpy wouldn't idle when i reved it upto 6k ish it just cut out and wouldn't start at all
after leaving for just over a week it again fired but lumpy but had to rev it,it ran for a few mins then stopped again dead
after 3x swapped the tanks over it started straight away altho a bit rough

well back now from 40 miles ride home its had the pump assmebly fitted that was sent direct to them and new plugs and i have to say even with the pc3 disconnected now (was disconnected to eliminate a problem with that) i have to say it seems to run better than its ever done
so much so i'm gonna try it without pc3r and see how it goes
but god i'm back in love with it more now than ever so so so smooth

i don't know if it was all the pump stuff but hey i only got their word for that i never got the old pump back as workshop was shut i'm down that way next week so i'll ask them for it and see what they say but to be honest i don't give a toss as its running now

we've had some good weather here for riding so i'm gonna put a few on her before le mans
so so happy but i have said anything else goes wrong this year and shes going
i need bikes to ride not look at and dribble but they are sexy mf's to look at

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
forgot to add other people have said ebs relay check this n that etc
but to be honest it could have been anything
moto gb have never heard of ebs relay problems here in uk
i've had many conversations with them over this
also come to the dission if you have problems check the easy stuff fuses etc then get a garage to do it if poss

·
Registered
378 Posts
hard starting when cold, engine cutting out under full load, bike running crap, with afterburners every time I get back on the throttle, (promptly followed by an earthquake), and jacuzzi in the fuel tank, I think my pump assy is shot too (actually, I trust the regulator is).
Mr Postman, can you have a look inside the fuel tank with a flash light and prime the fuel pump to see if your new pump produces bubbles in the tank when the pump primes?

I'm waiting on my replacement fuel pump assy, will let you know if the bike's fixed like yours.
It looks like a bad batch on some 1000 S, mine is a 2005.

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tripleinside

i've just checked the tank and no bubbling from my tank at all its nearly full
i never had any bubbling from the old pump either

looked at the pump assembly today and yes they have changed the whole thing over as its now got the plastc couplings inside the pump where i replaced mine with metal ones
i'm gonna ask the garge for the old pump back as i want the metal bits the at fit the tank back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts