MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At sixty years old, I bought my first motorcycle. Now some months later, as expected, the 2006 F4 1000S delivers full excitement. Not sure if it was first or second ride when I broke my personal top speed on a bike. Theoretically, I am more risk averse now compared to my fearless years. Major plus, my wife allows the F4 indoors between rides.

My previous experience was most entirely in the 1970's when I would borrow bikes from my brother and his friends. I rode most all of the fastest bikes of the period.

Major kudos to Adam, (merc07), for developing a great ECU chip. There is no hint of over heating. After a few hundred miles experience with Adam's ECU, I have to strongly recommend his work.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Welcome! Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
90 Posts
You need to clear out all the other stuff in the room... Art does not like distractions...

Welcome to the forum. You will love that bike...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate. An MV is truly a work of art that can also be ridden. I spend a lot of time in the garage just enjoying the view!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, need to mention that I wanted an MV Agusta back in about 1977. After being distracted, following through on the long lost desire made great sense to me.

·
Vendor
5,373 Posts
Welcome to the forum,you have an understanding wife allowing you to park the bike in the lounge room,enjoy.:yo:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome! Where are you located?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Lucky man, having the bike indoors between rides - shows how much in love you are with her (the bike, I mean). You should put the TV in front of the bike, so you can watch a movie seated on it :mouthwate

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
By the way, I´m 53 now and still pushing the limits of the wonderful beast that the F4 is!...within my limitations, of course - ride safe, but wild!! (yes, that´s possible with this bike) :flash:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
And you said you started it indoors when she went out, not in there, surely ? !
Yes, guilty. However, the first time I did tape a large sheet of painters paper onto the wall behind the F4. Just did not want to risk soot marks on the wall. No exhaust marks. So, now I know if (extremely rare) the F4 fires up indoors briefly, it won't be permanently banned to the garage.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Get the wife to video it for you.

Yes, guilty. However, the first time I did tape a large sheet of painters paper onto the wall behind the F4. Just did not want to risk soot marks on the wall. No exhaust marks. So, now I know if (extremely rare) the F4 fires up indoors briefly, it won't be permanently banned to the garage.
That will make her just as guilty :naughty:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7hYPLwG1KM

·
Registered
377 Posts
Previously, Dallas, Texas
Currently, very near Dallas, one of the burbs.
I am also near Dallas. You should consider doing track days, just message me if you want more info. It isn't all just racing, but learning riding skills with classroom sessions between track sessions and great instructors, some with years of racing experience. Skills that can translate to safer riding on the streets also. Free leather/boot rental for your first day out and discount.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 21 Posts