MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I've now just passed the 300 mile mark and have noticed a few more things about my MV. According to the owners manual, I can now rev it to 8-9K, which makes things a bit more interesting! I've heard reports of the throttle response being a little jerky or harsh when first coming of a closed throttle. I can't say I've noticed this up to 8-9K rpm. What I have noticed is the way that the bike won't pick up when blipping the throttle on down changes, between about 3 and 4.5k. I've read various explanations on several posts as to why this happens. It's a strange thing because the engine picks up beautifully when blipping the throttle above 4.5k. I'd be interested to know if anyone has cured this problem via any means, or how people ride around it. I've started not bothering to blip the throttle on downshifts below 4.5k, as theres not really enough engine braking to unsettle the back end at such a low speed.
I've also heard reports of erratic idle speed and stalling which, I'm glad to say haven't happened. The idle speed has remained constant at 1.5K, which I think is pehaps a little high? Also there does appear to be a flat spot around 3k, but is nothing too noticeable.
Another thing I keep having to adjust to is how quick this thing steers. I find myself dropping in to hit an apex, and having to pick the thing up slightly, as it's turned so quickly. I think this is because I ride my CBR600 to work most days, and I have to re-callibrate my brain when I first get on the MV.
Cheers

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
102 Posts
The ECU is programmed to prevent 'blipping' the throttle over 4-4500 rpm because that is exactly when the anti-engine braking system kicks in on closed throttle conditions. This part of the program must "see" an engaged gear to operate. This explains why there is very positive throttle response while in neutral yet once a gear is selected, the response decreases. You will find that you can blip the throttle as you drop below 4500rpm. As you slow down to a very low speed, you will see that the throttle response goes away. Annoying but true!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
exduc said:
The ECU is programmed to prevent 'blipping' the throttle over 4-4500 rpm because that is exactly when the anti-engine braking system kicks in on closed throttle conditions. This part of the program must "see" an engaged gear to operate. This explains why there is very positive throttle response while in neutral yet once a gear is selected, the response decreases. You will find that you can blip the throttle as you drop below 4500rpm. As you slow down to a very low speed, you will see that the throttle response goes away. Annoying but true!
THIS is why i love this forum so much....
i have, again, learned something
that is an excellent explanation
thanks for taking the time to teach us

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts