MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, MV enthusiasts, here are some of the photos the talented guys over at gotbluemilk.com got of me this last Mon/Tues at Thunderhill, near Winters, CA.:

http://www.matthooverphoto.com/track/

The bike performed incredibly - perfectly stable in the turns and just an overall rock-solid feel... I had my suspension set up by the legendary Dave Moss (feelthetrack.com) and it turns out the rebound on the stock forks must be all the way in clockwise (slowest possible rebound) for it to be correct. I'm out of adjustment on rebound settings. Thus I need new internals for the rebound stack in the forks...looking into GP Suspension in Oregon.

Also, don't try the 43 tooth sprocket at the track...it was too low and couldn't effectively use the copious amounts of torque from the engine. I'm going to a 40 for my next track day. On the roads, though, 43 is great. Initially I was apprehensive of taking my bike on the track, but it's well worth it to do so.

·
Registered
185 Posts
THOSE ARE SOME REALLY GOOD PHOTO'S OF YOU ON THE TRACK. I DO BELIEVE THOSE ARE THE BEST PHOTOS I'VE SEEN POSTED HERE SO FAR. ALMOST FELT LIKE I WAS THERE. YOU MUST OF HAD A GOOD TIME. NOW, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE TRACK PHOTOS OF YOU WITH YOUR BRUTALE 910R. :popcorn: THANKS FOR THE POST HOOVDINI. :yo:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Nice pics, what make is the radial brake kit?, the fork lowers look much better than most of the aftermarket kits

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mikef4uk said:
Nice pics, what make is the radial brake kit?, the fork lowers look much better than most of the aftermarket kits
The radial brake kit is the MotoCorse version - and yes, they are very nice!
Incredible billet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Notto said:
Bravo :yo:

What tires were you running?
Metzler RaceTecs / (190 rear) - These are great tires, first time on them. Very sticky. And I can easily do another day on them (did 2 already) before needing replacement.

·
Registered
225 Posts
hoovdini said:
Also, don't try the 43 tooth sprocket at the track...it was too low and couldn't effectively use the copious amounts of torque from the engine. I'm going to a 40 for my next track day. On the roads, though, 43 is great. Initially I was apprehensive of taking my bike on the track, but it's well worth it to do so.
I agree the standard gearing is just fine and down gearing the F4 1000 makes no sense to me! :wtf:

BTW awesome pics and nice riding style :yo:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Moto corse I think Mike; Is that correct Hoovdini? :nerd:Great pictures BTW

·
Registered
237 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Great photos!

Good choice with the brakes, we have a set of Brembos and MotoCorse radial bottoms ready to be fitted to out project bike as well!
How about fitting them to my bike instead? :idea:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts