MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
My old track...I used to corner work for MARRC all the time when I lived in MD. Raced a season with CCS on a Super Single.

It brings back good memories to see the track.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My old track...I used to corner work for MARRC all the time when I lived in MD. Raced a season with CCS on a Super Single.

It brings back good memories to see the track.
I love Summit Point. It's my favorite track on this side of the country. It's so easy to learn and there's a little bit of everything. It kind of equalizes bikes. You could be on a 600cc or a 1000cc and turn respectable laps. 600s will win in the infield and the 1000s will win on the longer sections.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not bad for a 15 year old bike with no fancy electronics. Pulling like a tractor against the S1000
Yeah it rides quite well. I ran a respectable 1:25 on it there and that's just seat time. On the Ninja H2 I clocked a 1:22. I'm about 240lbs with gear so I definitely need to lose about 25-30lbs to get better drives out of the slower corners.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Yes you are at a real disadvantage weight wise especially competing against guys that way 50 to 75 pounds less than you do. What suspension are you running in stock or aftermarket

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes you are at a real disadvantage weight wise especially competing against guys that way 50 to 75 pounds less than you do. What suspension are you running in stock or aftermarket
Stock suspension that was adjusted as best we could by my tuner at the track. Outside of a little bit of front end dive for my taste, it actually worked great. I think the 1+1 came with stiffer springs so that worked out in my case.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Love to see it Turbo. You were supposed to PM Fred and me when you were running there next. I am only an hour from there and would have loved to join you.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Love to see it Turbo. You were supposed to PM Fred and me when you were running there next. I am only an hour from there and would have loved to join you.
Man! I totally blew it. Tell you what, I'll definitely be back there next season with the MV. I will be sure to drop you a line.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Man! I totally blew it. Tell you what, I'll definitely be back there next season with the MV. I will be sure to drop you a line.
Sounds good man. Fred will be back up and running and we will be ready to go. I know our bikes are the best suited for Shenny, but that is a fun track as well. Just glad to see another MV out on the track. We are few and far between!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts