MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am looking at playing with the gearing ratio on my F4RR to get a little more fun out of the bike down low and reduce some of the highs and lows with the power/torque in this range.

My bike is super fun at high speeds but pushing 300kmh doesnt happen all that much on the weekend beach cruises.

I have gone down 2 teeth on the front sprocket with my old panigale and it was a wheelie machine but with the very forward seating position on the F4 and the on/off low end power I have trouble keeping the wheel up consistently at lower speeds.... Bearing in mind I am well aware they are meant to stay on 2 wheels generally.

Has anyone tried playing with this and if so what was the end result?

Should I stick to changing the fuel mapping first ??

Cheers for any advice.

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
My 2012 f4r is geared 1 down in the front and plus 2 in the back. Woke her slam up but I also had it mapped before and remapped after the gearing.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My 2012 f4r is geared 1 down in the front and plus 2 in the back. Woke her slam up but I also had it mapped before and remapped after the gearing.
Same here had my 2012 f4RR gearing went a 520T kit what a difference it it worth it.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Whaaaat ? That's the same as going up 5 on the rear, why ? Stunt rider ?

·
Formerly - dagmvagusta
423 Posts
Not a stunt rider but the F4 has a lag on low end so the gearing was proper. You have to know the bike, how it responds and the calculations the change will do. Also need to update the map. So again it's awesome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts