MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday i raced my 1000R vs my murcielago, my mate was driving the car while i was riding. we decided to mess about and race so we took to some empty mountain roads and really long stretches of road and it began. We couldnt video it cause there was only 1 other person with me and they were driving.

Firstly the accelaration on the 1000R from 0 up to 157mph is extraodinary and the murcielago could not keep up but over 157 the lambo killed me on the straight, the corners the lambo caught up but couldnt overtake me i reallly wanted to push my bike as far as i could without damaging it but the bike its still in its running in period with 800kms on the clock. But saying that i gave and got a great race but just waiting till its run in properly and serviced and stock exhaust is changed. When that is done i will upload a race video between both of my machines.

Has anyone else on this form raced there personal cars (if its worthy) with there MV? would be intrested to know the outcome.

:drummer:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I flatted out my F4 1000R yesterday against a Gixxer 1000. And I overtook it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Yea. I don't think racing my Toyota Tacoma against my F41000 would result in anything I didn't already know.
MAYBE if I had the truck in 4wd-low and dropped the clutch real hard in first gear I could take the bike for the first 6 feet or so.

Maybe.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
My MV is definitely faster than my Renault Clio Diesel. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I guess nobody remembers the cycleworld Tamburini challenge with tuner cars most with over 600 hp. I think it would have been the same if they used a standard 1000s. The mv only lost to very few cars on the acceleration if i remeber correctly. I wonder what the outcome would have been on a tight track though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've run a murcielago with my r1 and it didn't keep up down low or up top, and from what I've read the 1000r is faster than an R1. Maybe something was wrong?

Cheers

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts