MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I recently acquired a 2010 2nd gen F4 1000R and wish to top up the coolant, but don't know which coolant to buy.

I've conducted a search on this forum before posting, but its a minefield of many differing opinions/products etc.

Can someone please just simply give me one or two options of what coolant to put in the damn thing?!

I live in Yorkshire, Northern England if that has any influence on the available options.

Many thanks,

Gary

·
Registered
226 Posts
If it was me I would replace all coolant instead of just top it up.

Anyway, can't you find what the manual says? I use a different brand but same base (think it's monoethylene glycol)

·
Super Moderator
22,301 Posts
There are really only two commonly used coolants for motorcycles: ethylene glycol and propylene glycol.

The two are incompatible.

As has been mentioned, check with the supplying dealer as they are the ones that filled the machine initially.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi all.

I recently acquired a 2010 2nd gen F4 1000R and wish to top up the coolant, but don't know which coolant to buy.

I've conducted a search on this forum before posting, but its a minefield of many differing opinions/products etc.

Can someone please just simply give me one or two options of what coolant to put in the damn thing?!

I live in Yorkshire, Northern England if that has any influence on the available options.

Many thanks,

Gary
halfords do a 50/50 mix of anti freeze and water that contains ethylene glycol. used it my 1078 and it does the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts