MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While picking up my Robb Report for the Brutale article, I saw the April issue of Road Runner mag has a face off between the F4 and Brutale S.

The F4 won by a hair, but the last sentence read: " For '06, the Brutale comes equipped with a 910cc engine pushing out 137hp in a package weighing the same as the 750 version. If that's not a rematch in the making, I don't know what is." :naughty:

John

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had a huge dilemma choosing between my SPR and a 1000. In the end I went with the SPR because it was different, and the article says that the Brutale was outpaced because of the engine on the 1k, but never losing sight. If that's the case with a Brutale, then F4 750 owners shoudn't have an after thought about upgrading. I'm glad I got the SPR, it really is different, and I think it was the pinnacle of the 750's...am I right on that? Meaning it was the last of the special models?

·
Registered
25 Posts
rearviewmirror said:
I had a huge dilemma choosing between my SPR and a 1000. In the end I went with the SPR because it was different, and the article says that the Brutale was outpaced because of the engine on the 1k, but never losing sight. If that's the case with a Brutale, then F4 750 owners shoudn't have an after thought about upgrading. I'm glad I got the SPR, it really is different, and I think it was the pinnacle of the 750's...am I right on that? Meaning it was the last of the special models?
Great Article, Airfuel!! I was just about to go and look for the damn magazine, then I saw that it was scanned in. Another read to add to this crazy obsession.

RVM, I don't think you would of made any bad choices given the two bikes you were debating between. You just got an "exclusive" bike amongst an already exclusive marque. Congrats on the new bike!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
thanks guys for putting up the review. not sure what to think about it. 1) touring magazine conducted it. bet they got sick of their rides and wanted some action :laughing: 2) F4-1000 vs. Brutale 750. why pit these against each other. 3) they say both models have Ohlins, uh ok.... 4) complaint about lack of luggage mounts. that is the lamest thing ever. like saying "this Lambo doesnt have enough storage to take the family on a ski trip" lol. Bottom line, again I think they just wanted to ride the bikes and had to do a review to get their hands on some. :laughing: :conveyer: :loser: :toothless

thanks again for posting it.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I've got to agree with 777 on this one. That's the strangest test report I've ever read. They must have nothing better to do at that magazine. What will they do next? Pull 3 plug caps off a ZX10 and test it against a Honda Cub 50! Luggage on an F4? What about the ash trays? Are you sure it's not called dick head monthly? I'm sorry I like reading most articles about F4's and Brutales but that just plain sucks. :humpother :eek:nthecan: :eek:nthecan:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
rearviewmirror said:
I'm glad I got the SPR, it really is different, and I think it was the pinnacle of the 750's...am I right on that? Meaning it was the last of the special models?
YES! Pinnacle in terms of the very TOP 750 model that will ever be made by MV. Since the SR was limited to how many blocks they had set aside for the AGO750 I'm not sure where they fall in terms of VIN ID, but who cares.

SPR is king of the 750 hill.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes lets see... surprised they did not throw in the Honda 919 for good measure. I would have liked to have seen that against a Brutalie 750. An F4 1000 Hmmm but thanks for the read still like to see my bike in pictures.
If I want to go on long rides I grab my Honda ST1300.

·
Registered
298 Posts
rearviewmirror said:
One of each = Dilemma solved! :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts