MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some interesting information yesterday. According to the source the F4S is being replaced be the F4R... that might also explain the small price difference between the F4S and F4R.

Anyone that have been hearing the same?

cheers, zeta

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi
F41000S is being replaced by R model this was stated in several magazines including MCN the R is now the base model ?.
Alex

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alexaye said:
Hi
F41000S is being replaced by R model this was stated in several magazines including MCN the R is now the base model ?.
Alex
OK, I've only seen the pre-production photos of the red/silver R models anyone seen how they actually will look like when they are in production?

cheers, zeta

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I like the 5 spoke wheels too, I don't see why they couldn't produce R's with either option on the wheels. :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybee... but the 910R is not sold other then blck at the moment but who knows :naughty: Here in Sweden the price difference is bigger between 910S and 910R then between 1000S and 1000R but who knows.

cheers, zeta

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
hmmmmm
that is quite odd, actually
if ducati can sell a 999 and a 999S and the 999R.....
why can't MV realize that they can sell 2 levels of bikes?

with the 999s being 18K in the US.... the problem is that the M4S ought to be closer to THAT price, allowing the M4R to be 22-23K, like the 999S.

If MV wants to get more bikes in the hands of folks in this country and take away some of the Ducati love here in the US.... they need to compete more, from a cost standpoint.

perhaps the M4R will come out at 23K and they will bring out another liter bike 5K cheaper..... that would only make sense

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Star wheels...I personally think all the other wheels look like ass except the ones on the R as they're not as thick-spoked as the other marchesinis...how about black star wheels as an option...

·
Registered
49 Posts
The "R" does have all the great upgraded componentry, but I am still partial to the way the "S" looks. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I prefer the look of the 100S's fairing design and star wheels. It's classic. If the "R" is really going to be replacing the "S", this might be even better news for me cause I can negotiate a better deal with the older model. With the money I save, I can probably get a meaner exhaust system. Thoughts?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I think you are right. As the R becomes more prevalent, there should be some great deals available on S models by those dealers wishing to move on 'older' stock. Here in the UK the S can be had for £2000 - £3000 less than list.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
john said:
I think you are right. As the R becomes more prevalent, there should be some great deals available on S models by those dealers wishing to move on 'older' stock. Here in the UK the S can be had for £2000 - £3000 less than list.
DK are offering F4 1000s's for £10999 that's £3200 under list. just watch what happens to that price this coming week....................... :jsm: :jsm:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I hope MV finds a way to keep the star wheels on there bikes. This is the biggest reason that i havent jumped on the 910R band wagon yet. I can order a gladio/mamba/etc. kit for the body if I choose, but it sucks that I'd already be paying a premium for wheels that I'm not crazy about. I would much rather have the magnesium 5 stars in silver, instead of the new brembo wheels. just my opinion though :loser:

·
MV Cellist
4,593 Posts
spalding12 said:
hmmmmm
that is quite odd, actually
if ducati can sell a 999 and a 999S and the 999R.....
why can't MV realize that they can sell 2 levels of bikes?

with the 999s being 18K in the US.... the problem is that the M4S ought to be closer to THAT price, allowing the M4R to be 22-23K, like the 999S.

If MV wants to get more bikes in the hands of folks in this country and take away some of the Ducati love here in the US.... they need to compete more, from a cost standpoint.

perhaps the M4R will come out at 23K and they will bring out another liter bike 5K cheaper..... that would only make sense
M4s and M4R???? :wtf:

Greg, your addiction to the forum is severe... you need to get some ZZZZZs. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
225 Posts
TwoBit said:
The "R" does have all the great upgraded componentry, but I am still partial to the way the "S" looks. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I prefer the look of the 100S's fairing design and star wheels. It's classic. If the "R" is really going to be replacing the "S", this might be even better news for me cause I can negotiate a better deal with the older model. With the money I save, I can probably get a meaner exhaust system. Thoughts?
That's exactly what I did and I'm very happy that I did. I got the moto corse cans and midpipe and a host of other little mods like new screen etc.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Interesting news. I suppose it is a smart thing for a buyer to just go for the R since the price gap is slim. Although I feel like dropping the S design is a bit of a disappointment! I like it!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts