MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just comparing a few details on the new 1000RR and was surprised at the findings.

I feel that statements such as 'Reduced Weight' and other claims seem a bit far fetched.

The reality of it all is that its exactly the same weight as a stock 1000s and its actually slower!!

This isn't my opinion its what MV Agusta themselves have published see attached.

:popcorn:

Technical Specifications

F4 1000RR (2011)

Maximum speed* Full power version: 297.6 km/h (184.8 mph) / Restricted power version: 249.0 km/h (154.6 mph)
Dry weight 192 Kg (423 lbs.)​

F4 1000s (2004)​

Maximum speed* 187.0 mph
Dry weight 423.3 lb (F4 1000 S) - 425.5 lb (F4 1000 S 1+1)​

Attachments

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I weighed my 750 last week at the track. 450 pounds with 1/2 a tank of fuel. That is BST rear, Brembo ultralight front, carbon fiber front fairing, carbon fiber side fairings and belly pan and no headlight, horns, turn signals rear license plate carrier, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep its a little slower...but quicker. Honestly though 184mph is more than enough, how often do you get to hit those speeds? Acceleration on the other hand...:f4:

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I weighed my 750 last week at the track. 450 pounds with 1/2 a tank of fuel. That is BST rear, Brembo ultralight front, carbon fiber front fairing, carbon fiber side fairings and belly pan and no headlight, horns, turn signals rear license plate carrier, etc.

23lbs of that is fuel
Yep its a little slower...but quicker. Honestly though 184mph is more than enough, how often do you get to hit those speeds?

Whenever the mountain road is clear of cars we get the option of giving it the beans!!
:f4:

·
Registered
643 Posts
honestly guys, unless you're going to track this thing and be a serious competitor then why do you even care? If it looks good, feels good, runs good......then buy it, ride it, enjoy it. I didnt even bother to look at the stats on the 2010 F4 before I bought mine. I just loved the look, loved the ride, and it was in my budget. Stats are for boyish bragging rights and don't mean shit if you can't ride it like a pro.

No offense to anyone, but this whole "stat" stuff is just bullshit published by manufactures to boost sales anyways.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I was just comparing a few details on the new 1000RR and was surprised at the findings.

I feel that statements such as 'Reduced Weight' and other claims seem a bit far fetched.

The reality of it all is that its exactly the same weight as a stock 1000s and its actually slower!!

This isn't my opinion its what MV Agusta themselves have published see attached.

:popcorn:

Technical Specifications

F4 1000RR (2011)

Maximum speed* Full power version: 297.6 km/h (184.8 mph) / Restricted power version: 249.0 km/h (154.6 mph)
Dry weight 192 Kg (423 lbs.)​

F4 1000s (2004)​

Maximum speed* 187.0 mph
Dry weight 423.3 lb (F4 1000 S) - 425.5 lb (F4 1000 S 1+1)​
Argh! don't forget though Ade MV also called one F4 the '312' rumour has it was called that because it did 312kph around the Nardo test track, wasn't there a thread somewhere here disputing that top speed?:naughty::naughty:

The RR is supposed to be 200hp, now that 200hp will be at the crankshaft, but to get that the motor is very oversquare and will lose out in the midrange to a 1000S, or R, or 312. I just hope it doesn't lose too much. All manufacturers seem to be heading in the same direction at the moment, I do wonder if something like a Ducati with more of a real world hp range and rpm would be more usefull??

This BMW for e.g is still trying to wheelie like a tw*t at 120 in 2nd, good fun, but hardly real world, Fast bikes or Performance bikes took one to Elvington with just a full system and different rear sprocket, nothing else, it did 202mph on the first timed run

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The RR is supposed to be 200hp, now that 200hp will be at the crankshaft, but to get that the motor is very oversquare and will lose out in the midrange to a 1000S, or R, or 312. I just hope it doesn't lose too much. All manufacturers seem to be heading in the same direction at the moment, I do wonder if something like a Ducati with more of a real world hp range and rpm would be more usefull??
Well...rumor has it that the new Ducati superbike will have an increase of 20 hp....thus making 190 hp...I am not sure whether I would call that real world... :eek:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Inaccurate as in heavier than they claim? I think so.

So maybe subtract 35 pounds from wet weight to get dry. That would be 415 dry and they claim 423. I think I've removed more than 7 pounds worth of weight.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Well...rumor has it that the new Ducati superbike will have an increase of 20 hp....thus making 190 hp...I am not sure whether I would call that real world... :eek:
Yes! Ducati are also going massively oversquare on the new model,

My last 'upright' bike was a Monster S4R, 996cc, and with a few mods about 125hp I guess, lots of fun! very useable grunt with as many wheelies as you want from any rpm, decent handling once the rear is raised and all below about 90mph:

I am really starting to wonder where modern sportsbikes are heading? as an e.g, my current bike with system will show 190hp plus at the wheel, BUT the electronics will not let you have that until 3rd gear, that equates to about 140mph, how many times will I sample that before I change my bike?

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Yes! Ducati are also going massively oversquare on the new model,

My last 'upright' bike was a Monster S4R, 996cc, and with a few mods about 125hp I guess, lots of fun! very useable grunt with as many wheelies as you want from any rpm, decent handling once the rear is raised and all below about 90mph:

I am really starting to wonder where modern sportsbikes are heading? as an e.g, my current bike with system will show 190hp plus at the wheel, BUT the electronics will not let you have that until 3rd gear, that equates to about 140mph, how many times will I sample that before I change my bike?
Fewer times than you'll change your shorts I recon. That's a lot of power.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
i think ades point is that why start marketing a bike with all these figures when it doesnt do that..why make yourself look like liars the truth is better than a lie even if it was for sales purposes i would rather be happy knowing a bought a bike with 180hp at the wheels than expecting a bike with 200hp at the wheels and finding out it has only 180..thats my view..and this talk about not using 200hp yeah thats great but in the end of the day its bragging rights for the manufacturer just as BMW use. But first lets just hope MV pick up the game on there colour schemes..

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
i think ades point is that why start marketing a bike with all these figures when it doesnt do that..why make yourself look like liars the truth is better than a lie even if it was for sales purposes i would rather be happy knowing a bought a bike with 180hp at the wheels than expecting a bike with 200hp at the wheels and finding out it has only 180..thats my view..and this talk about not using 200hp yeah thats great but in the end of the day its bragging rights for the manufacturer just as BMW use. But first lets just hope MV pick up the game on there colour schemes..
I agree with you on the numbers and the weight side of it. But I didn't think the colour schemes where that bad.......well soft of :eek:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts