MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the site.

Does anyone in the NY/NJ area have information on ballpark insurance rates for F4-1000, good driving record no blemishes, 10-year moto license?

Any information would be helpful. Even if you're not in the vicinity, ballpark figures/carrier would be helpful. Havent had a bike in a while, trying to assess financial side of things.

·
Registered
593 Posts
the key to low insurance rates (aside from a good record of course) is to get your car/house/boat/bike/life etc.... on one company. You'll save a ton.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Triple Seven -

Yes, I agree, but that's difficult in my particular situation. Single. Live in manhattan, own a co-op, not a house. No car. No boat. Work gives me life insurance.

LOL all I have going for me is clean driving record and 800+/- credit score. :eek:

·
Registered
375 Posts
California... 37 Years old, clean record.

State Farm.

Full coverage - $330/6 months ($660 Year)....

Multiple line discount for having my car insured with State Farm as well.

·
Registered
398 Posts
awiner said:
California... 37 Years old, clean record.

State Farm.

Full coverage - $330/6 months ($660 Year)....

Multiple line discount for having my car insured with State Farm as well.
That rate is pretty good for a 1000cc MV...

But the rest of you poor guys are paying off the wall rates.

32 years old 2 tickets in the last 5 years

2002 MV F4 750

$423.00 for a year!

And I have full coverage for myself and others I may involve and only a $250.00 deductible through Farm Bureau Insurance.

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
California
30 years old
first bike, MC license since Oct. '05
Full coverage
no tickets
Statefarm- $400 every 6 months
no other ins. through them (cars, house, etc.)
2006 Brutale 910
Social Security # is ............ :flickoff:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, helpful info. Quite a spread of numbers, as I suspected might be the case. I guess shopping around is imperative.

Does anyone have familiarity with Ducati New York, which now sells MVs?

http://www.nyducati.com/

Any other thoughts on insurance are appreciated. Have a nice week it's almost Monday already.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I live in Whitestone NY which is 18 mi away from manhattan. Own my house, 2cars, 2bikes including 06 MV F41000s. I pay about 1000$ for my MV for full coverage yearly. I have 800+ credit score no accident of any kind last 10 yrs.
One of my College buddy lives around here and we ride together alot. He's got 05' Duc 999S and pays about 2000$ for his bike. He rents his apt and got 600 credit score. So lots of things fators in for your insurance. anyways that's what you're going to pay here in NYC.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks jonah, that helps a lot. I will keep bike in Tenafly NJ (bergen county) just across GWB. I imagine your rate is low b/c of multiple coverages. What is your age, and are you married?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Obmot,
I'm familiar with Ducati Manhattan. I've had very good experiences with them over the years. Fabian, the service manager, has stayed on in light of a recent restructuring. He's a great guy and has always been extremely helpful. Look into Foremost Ins Co (800-527-3907). I insure Oro, Senna and Bandit 1200S at $770 per year. I live in Englewood if you want to hook up for a ride.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks drmasis, I think I will try to pop in there when I get a chance.

Nice photo album - please tell me that isn't your Ferrari too. :jsm:

I am very early in the process, dont even have a bike yet. I'm recently back to NYC from a stint in TX (I got out as soon as I could). Because the riding season is basically over here, and I dont have storage for a bike yet, it isn't happening this season. Maybe next spring if all goes well - first I have to arrange storage at a relative's in Tenafly (i.e., build a small storage next to her garage), then find a bike. Love the F4s but I am 5'7" 140 so I am concerned about the seat height (I read the thread from the gentleman in CA(?) who had height issues and ultimately went with the F4, so perhaps there is hope).

I almost don't want to go into an MV store lest I get "the bug" again and obsess about a bike, as I did with my first Ninja years ago lol. I loved riding so much however, that I have to get back to it before I am using a walker - with F4 stickers.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
No sweat...No, unfortunately the Enzo is not mine, but we took advantage of its presence at a this car event to shoot some pics. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2000 mv f4 and i pay 230 a year. Just called on a new 07' 750 a year. I dont think they know what the bike is other than a 750cc. Geico is who i use and that is for my mv only. They had a hard time with the vin#. That price has all my coverages doubled also. I have told other people to try them but they get some crazy high quotes from them.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts