MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....Snapped it off like it was made out of clay. Two quick questions: A) I see that there is a set made of metal from a retailer on Ebay called Gotham cycles. I like the idea of metal vs plastic....thoughts? (price is the same for two sets $99) B) What type of tool do I use to wrench these on....Crow foot wrench?

One step forward....two steps back.

·
Vendor
5,213 Posts
Not sure what model bike you own,if it is a pre 2010 you take the latch,spring and pin out of the fitting,then you can use a socket on the hex to carefully unscrew the fitting.
If it snaps off,you can heat a flat blade screw driver and melt it into the nylon and unscrew or use a pick to collapse and remove the bits left in the fuel pump plate.

·
Super Moderator
21,744 Posts
Mitchy's advice is spot on. I do have the correct CPC metal fittings for far less than Gotham because I sell them at my direct cost and buy in bulk as a benefit to mvagusta.net members.

It helps us to help you if you put the year and model of MV in your signature line. There are significant differences between first and second generation F4s.

The parts I have are for the first gen.

·
Administrator
19,088 Posts
Chuck is the man !!!

Would also be nice to know where in the USA you are located??? Would you add that to your profile, please?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gents. Updated as much as I could ....SoCal and 2005 F4 1000 1+1. Ill send out a PM to Chuck for parts and such. Going fishing and hate leaving projects half finished....drives me nuts.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a pic of the offending parts. The lower joint snapped and both parts are unusable. I also stretched the inner nylon sleeve of the HP fuel line so.......... I take it a Gates 5/16 HP fuel line will work? Pull the female upper connector and reuse it?

·
Super Moderator
21,744 Posts
That upper connector is a John Guest fitting. There is a small 0-ring that is easily nicked when cutting the hard plastic.
Using Gates High Pressure Fuel Injection 5/16" barrier hose...that is NOT immersible...is a decent replacement.

There are also replacement fitting that are not John Guest (the name escapes me at the moment)

What is interesting is that those parts are from a 1000R...not a 1000S.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All sorted. Chuck got me up and running, big thanks! On hold with Pro Italia for a fan relay. While I had the nose off, I stole the fan relay to replace the high beam relay that was toast. Everything is buttoned up with no leaks. Update...they have a relay so im back in business.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well.....we can cross off O'reiles and Autozone as good. Got one from Pro Italia in the mail. If you dont have a year, make, model of car, the Millenial behind the counter is totally lost. I even had a Bosch number....no bueno.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts