MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any know the coolant capacity of the 07 or 08 F4.....

I am out of town and it will be getting pretty cold back home.....I need to know if the bike will make it through the freeze or if I need to call in a favor and have someone tend to them.......I know how much antifreeze (engine ice) I put in a couple months ago, but not sure what the ratio is.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i just changed mine out to straight engine ice and it held
one bottle (cant remember size though) but i think it is like
2 quarts - but as far as freezing you should be good asthe label
says good for -26 F

steve

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, thats what I did a couple months ago...one bottle,(1/2 gallon Engine Ice) in each bike.....but I thought I had to top it up with some distilled water to get it completely full.

Does anyone have their owners manual handy where they could look up the cooling system capacity....it should be in the specifications.

Funny thing is I just spent 6 months remodeling this old farmhouse in the country, and the only thing I asked for was a decent shop or garage....well she went all out on everthing, leaving no money for my shop....now the bikes are in the very original house on the property, literally built in the late 1800's. I cant wait to get home and send you guys pictures....yall will get a good laugh.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Mine is a '04 1000, wouldn't have thought it should be much different. Coolant capacity isn't stated anywhere in the books as far as I can see. I drained my system via the drain on the waterpump when I repaired it (didn't remove rads). It took approx 2.5 litres, buy 3 and you should be fine and have some left over.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Curiously, the capacity of the cooling system is not mentioned in the owner's manual. I can't find it if it is.

You are in Nashville. How cold could it be? 30f? You'll be fine for one night.

CAG

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Carl....
tonite is not what im worried about...Saturday is supposed to be high in low 30s, dipping into the mid to low teens that night. I wont return till Sunday night. I would just have the wife set up a space heater and tarp the big opening, but I am wary of having her do this..... for safety reasons.

Lewis.

·
Registered
447 Posts
i still think you are way good with engine ice even if mixed
with some distilled water with it being rated to -26f - especially
if the bikes are in a building

steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts