MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new F4 1000, unless I missed it, the owners manual doesn't explain how to adjust the chain other than to say it needs to be done by a qualified mechanic. Can someonme please explain the procedure. Thanks, Marc

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
the two pinch bolts at the rear of the swingarm need to be loosened. the bit in your toolkit will do it. and then the hub eccentric needs to be turned....can't remember which way off hand. the tool for that is also in your toolkit albeit in 2 pieces. don't forget to torque the 2 pinch bolts back to mfg torque settings. to tight can cause premature wear of hub bearings.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
one of the best things i did was go to the mvfaq and print out the torque settings diagram for damn near the whole bike! can't remember it off hand, but i would say yes, the settings are the same 750/1000.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Marc said:
Just got a new F4 1000, unless I missed it, the owners manual doesn't explain how to adjust the chain other than to say it needs to be done by a qualified mechanic. Can someonme please explain the procedure. Thanks, Marc
The reason iy quotes "qualified mechanic" is that being as it is an eccentric it also alters the height of the bike which should be reset, I wonder why you need to alter the chain tension? mine hasn't altered in 6000 miles, they do need to appear quite loose on the MV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts