MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
I saw a 750 with Ago decals and setup in July while riding to Alice's here Nor Cal. Can't recall his name but he had mentioned that he was a MV forum member. Just can't recall his name.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well I have seen a couple out there in the $15k range, and aside from the obvious exclusivity of a numbered bike, I am trying to figure out if its worth the $5k premium (in the used market) over the regular f4 1000.
Does it have an upgraded component list aside from the additional graphics, seat, and plaque?

·
Administrator
18,832 Posts
Didn't they first build the Ago as a 750, but the 1000 was about to hit, so they changed it and called it a F4 750SR or something and made the Ago a 1000?

I just know I read that somewhere along the line.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
In 2005 MV Agusta released three limited edition F4s. Two were based on the F41000S (Agostini & the Tamburini) and one was a precursor to the F41000R, due to the use of the new 5SM ECU and Brembo radial brakes, that was the Senna.
Most would consider the Agostini had less upgrades than the other two with the Tamburini being in the highest state of modification - and the prices of the 3 bikes reflected this too.

From memory the Agostini had some very nice components and in my opinion is a real class act - simply beautiful.

The wheels, front brake calipers, rear sets, a small amount of carbon (less than the Senna), I think that it came with the optional RG3 exhaust as well as the standard one installed at the factory, little things like the bar end weights, frame plates & swingarm in a different colour (light metallic silver), yellow / black "# 1" decal on the fairings and other decals to celebrate Agostini are on the bike & of course the top triple clamp has the oval limited edition badge.
In addition to that there was a pair of MV overalls in red, a bike cover, numbered certificate of authenticity & handlebar grip protectors supplied as well.

There will probably be other items that I've missed - an owner will be able to fill in the complete picture.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In 2005 MV Agusta released three limited edition F4s. Two were based on the F41000S (Agostini & the Tamburini) and one was a precursor to the F41000R, due to the use of the new 5SM ECU and Brembo radial brakes, that was the Senna.
Most would consider the Agostini had less upgrades than the other two with the Tamburini being in the highest state of modification - and the prices of the 3 bikes reflected this too.

From memory the Agostini had some very nice components and in my opinion is a real class act - simply beautiful.

The wheels, front brake calipers, rear sets, a small amount of carbon (less than the Senna), I think that it came with the optional RG3 exhaust as well as the standard one installed at the factory, little things like the bar end weights, frame plates & swingarm in a different colour (light metallic silver), yellow / black "# 1" decal on the fairings and other decals to celebrate Agostini are on the bike & of course the top triple clamp has the oval limited edition badge.
In addition to that there was a pair of MV overalls in red, a bike cover, numbered certificate of authenticity & handlebar grip protectors supplied as well.

There will probably be other items that I've missed - an owner will be able to fill in the complete picture.
Great info, exactly what I was looking for, thanks

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Didn't they first build the Ago as a 750, but the 1000 was about to hit, so they changed it and called it a F4 750SR or something and made the Ago a 1000?

I just know I read that somewhere along the line.
Almost Ed....MV were intending to build the Ago as a 750 but never did. There are plenty of promo pics referring to the Ago 750 but it was only ever completed as a 1000. As MV were already someway down the Ago 750 track, they produced the limited run of F4 750SR which did have a few special components originally intended for the Ago 750

·
Registered
4,296 Posts

Spot on Dave:yo:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts