MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined forum and this is my first post. I would first like to say a thankyou for all the invaluable info that I have obtained from it, but I still have problem that I can't seem to solve. After riding approx 40 miles the engine starts to loose power, will not rev at all, misses like a good 'un and will eventually cut out. On restarting it does the same but maybe a few miles on it will clear and go like the clappers! I have changed the plugs, ebs valve and solenoid checked and cleaned every electrical connection I could find. Tested fuel pump and cleaned filters. MV dealer has checked diagnostics and all good. I love MV's and all their little quirky ways, no other bike comes close, but this is getting to me! Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Do you have an alarm fitted??

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hi all, just joined forum and this is my first post. I would first like to say a thankyou for all the invaluable info that I have obtained from it, but I still have problem that I can't seem to solve. After riding approx 40 miles the engine starts to loose power, will not rev at all, misses like a good 'un and will eventually cut out. On restarting it does the same but maybe a few miles on it will clear and go like the clappers! I have changed the plugs, ebs valve and solenoid checked and cleaned every electrical connection I could find. Tested fuel pump and cleaned filters. MV dealer has checked diagnostics and all good. I love MV's and all their little quirky ways, no other bike comes close, but this is getting to me! Any ideas?
Read through this thread....

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=89873

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replies, it has an Acumen alarm (I hate the thing!). I am pretty sure the tank vent and breather hose are clear but I will check them. A little bit of history on the bike-Looking at the bike it looks like it has been parked up for some time. It had around 5500 miles on it when I bought it, Iv'e added about a 1000 more. It seems to be running rich because the tail pipes are quite black. I did an 80 mile blast today and it did not miss once, but I could go out tommorrow and it would do it several times, there does not seem to be a pattern.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Try to disconnect the alarm and have a try if it comes back. The only time I had a real problem with my MV it was the alarm...

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with the alarm, wouldn't that shut the bike down, instead of slowly starving it of fuel ?
I've had the same thing happen with a blocked breather on the fuel cap, but if you say that sounds clear, and you've replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the bottom of the fuel pump, then I'd say replace the O-rings in the fuel line fittings under the tank. They have a tendency to swell up if not the correct grade for the fuel you're using, thus blocking fuel flow.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
You also didn't say if the fuel lines inside the tank have been changed, MV says every 2 years or something but many never get changed until they start causing problems. I find from experience that 5 years is about when they start to go, sooner if you use fuel with any ethanol in it.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
I don't think it has anything to do with the alarm, wouldn't that shut the bike down, instead of slowly starving it of fuel ?
Well it did with mine... caused a malfunction on the fuel pump. It's worth the try as this is a simple thing...

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Well it did with mine... caused a malfunction on the fuel pump. It's worth the try as this is a simple thing...
Thanks Erik, I've never heard of them disarming a fuel pump, silly buggers.

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Thanks Erik, I've never heard of them disarming a fuel pump, silly buggers.
Yeah... took us + dealer 4 weeks to locate the actual problem as every time it seemed to be okay and then it was not again...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will whip off tank and change plastic fuel fittings for metal ones. I would say the fuel lines have never been changed so thats another job to do. It sure seems like a fuel problem but I just want to get it sorted. These bikes are nice to work on. Anybody know the sizes or part no of the rear shock bushes they are shot! Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts