1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FAWK'N 'ELL!!!!

FAWK, FAWK, FAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BITCH BUGGER ASSHOLE
BUGGER, BUGGER, DAMN
RAMJAM, GOD DAMN, SONAVABITCH,
SHIT !

Just got off the phone with my salesman after getting an email saying the F3's were in.
They got an Oro and six white. NO FRIGGIN' RED / SILVER!!!!

It seems another dealer was able to switch a white for MY FRIGGIN' red / silver. Well I hope that dealer's customer is a Royal pain in their ass.

So, I can wait until Oc-FREAKING-tober or, take a white or buy their Oro. Well, an Oro is red / silver but it's also, $35,000 CND out the flippin' door. I'd hate to guess what the insurance would be....eeewwww...

GEEEZUS -H-KEEERIST! Why is this sooooo fudged up?

And on top of all this I have to go to the dentist's office right after work.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Why MV released white instead of the red/silver is beyond me, also need to remember their 'Summer Holiday' is just around the corner meaning most things Italian stop (probably including the f"""""g wheel I am waiting for my RSV4)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hmmm.... I ordered a White as my first choice, then Red/Silver as a backup. I wonder if my white one will be included in the first batch, and not the second now that they're trading bikes around?

Stephen - that's a bad deal, man. There's got to be some recourse available to you. At the very least, your dealer should get one heck of an earful out of you, and maybe a public shaming. Are there other dealers around you that can pick up your order instead? For us, there's just the one dealer west of the Rockies; I think there are a few in Ontario (being the centre of the Canadian universe and all) :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
I agree this situation sucks on many levels but here is what I would do. Get a white one & tell them to discount it the amount it would cost you to have it professionally painted red/silver. Am I crazy? Maybe... But at least you would finally have your bike. I'd rather have it then be told it's going to be another 3-4 months. Who's to say the same thing won't happen to you again?
Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got home from the dentist. I have two small cavities but I rescheduled because I’m so pissed off over this I need to get it resolved ASAP!
I put in a call to another dealer who is physically closer but who is only a retail box store. They have NO service department. They send all their bikes into Toronto for any type of service and I do mean anything!
That’s why I went with the dealer I did, they have an MV trained mechanic on site.
Funny, I’m waiting to here back from this other store because although all their bikes were pre-sold it seems that a red / silver may now be available. I shouldn’t cast dispersions on anyone because it may be that some one got tired of waiting and took his or her deposit back. However, it appears fishy that my salesman was convinced that his dealer was getting one red / silver and instead this other store has a spare.
Things that make you go hmmmmmm…

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so, salesman from store B phoned back to confirm they do have a red / silver available. I explain the situation to him and how upset I am that I now have to transfer my deposit from store A to Store B to get what I think should be my bike.
He’s totally puzzled as to why this has happened. I asked him about doing a dealer trade and he said he’d look into it.
So, people from dealer B will talk with people at dealer A and the distributor and hopefully something will get worked out before the weekend.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Stephen, it sound as if it's going to work out just fine for you. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be. Oh wait, yes I can! It only took my dealer the better part of two years to get a MY10+ Brutale, & one is all they've gotten. It never made it to the sales floor, I picked it up the day they uncrated it. I was not going to take the chance. Not like buying the latest CBR1000, GSXR1000, or even a 1099 Panigale (local dealer has already had more than a half dozen) is it?
Anyway good luck with everything.
Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Am I crazy?
In a word.....yes. If you have any concern whatsoever about resale value, you never do a color change on a new vehicle.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Am I crazy? Maybe...
In a word.....yes. If you have any concern whatsoever about resale value, you never do a color change on a new vehicle.
Randarosa,
I did say maybe I was crazy... But just look at about 90% of the bikes on this or any other enthusiast forum. Is there such a thing as a stock Hayabusa 14 seconds after leaving the dealership? If folks were overly concerned about resale we'd see far less modifying, including, but not limited to paint jobs.
I did not really expect Stephen would take my suggestion seriously. It was more about trying to inject a little light-heartedness into a frustrating situation. Something I'm fully aware of being a fellow MV owner.
Anyway it sounds as if Stephen has an option available, albeit a bit of a PITA, but an option nonetheless.
Thank you for setting me straight. Can I go back to class now?
Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The last conversation I had with my salesman from Dealer A this evening was that they tried to do a swap as soon as they found out. The person in charge at Dealer B said no swap but “we’ll happily sell your customer our bike.”
The MV rep phoned to talk to the manager at Dealer A but he’d already left for the day. My salesman got hold of the manager who told him to phone the rep back, which he did but the rep was busy. The rep was to phone right back but he didn’t.
My guess is I’ll have to buy my F3 from Dealer B.

What a major fluster cluck! And for what?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Stephen, sorry to hear about your ordeal with that dealer. That right there is why dealer A doesnt deserve your business. They already had your money down on a red/silver, so there is no excuse for them to have let that bike go. Even if it was done against their will they should have demanded that they received a Red/Silver bike for you. the fact that they told you you could get a while or an oro is bullsh*t. it never ceases to amaze me when dealers treat their customers like garbage and then in return expect to get their business.

·
Registered
240 Posts
What I seriously think needs to happen (painting a new white F3 red/silver aside) is that the MV rep needs to make it right & have dealers A & B make a swap so Stephen can get the bike he has waited patiently for, from the dealer he has a deposit with. He should not have to go to another dealer, worry about where he will get his bike serviced, or settle for something he really did not want. If a white F3 was the only bike that was going to be delivered in his region, well he might have to deal with it if he wanted it bad enough, but the fact a red/silver one is available in close proximity there's no reason he should be put through any nonsense.
Stephen, I sincerely hope the MV rep you've been dealing with can put the smack down on these two dealers & get you what you've been waiting for & deserve.
I know how he feels as I was very happy when it was a Red/Silver 1090 that showed up at my dealer. But being that only one MY10 Brutale showed up within 300+ miles of where I live, I might have taken a purple one if that was all that was available! Thankfully Stephen is not faced with that option!
Good luck Stephen & hopefully congratulations, sooner rather than later, on your new Red/Silver F3!
Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
547 Posts
Dealer B is no better believe me and worst than dealer B is where you have to take the bike for service, stick with dealer A if possible.
I agree with Delta 9 I know both dealers as I bought both my MV from dealer A after I had visited dealer B who treated me like a nobody until I told them my occupation. The old saying do not judge a book by its cover

In my conversations with dealer a and another dealer in USA information from MV is almost non existent when it comes to delivery and models confirmation. Went through this with the F4rr. Wondering ow much of this is MV agusta contributed to this issue.

While I love the MV brand the management has done a poor job of launching the F3.

Stephen if you want the red and silver then roll the the dice and go with dealer B. I am sure dealer A will not have any issue refunding your deposit as they did the same for me on the F4rr after initially changed my mine. He has been in the business for over 20 years and has a good reputation.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts