MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I have the F3RC 800 and I know it comes with the EAS 2.0 Quickshifter, but I wonder if it support quick downshift or just only upshift? Because the MV dealer told me that the F3RC also has quick downshift but I didn't see it on the specs sheet.

Anyway, I tried downshifting while opening the throttle and it didn't work unless I roll off a bit. So I would like to know how does it actually work? :f4:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't know if it has a downshifted but my turismo does, throttle has to be fully shut for downshifter to work on that so I presume it would be the same on the RC

·
Registered
590 Posts
I didn't think the F3's had downshift as part of the EAS package. Also as Red800 has said you need to be fully off the throttle for downshift to work if it had it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey guys, I have the F3RC 800 and I know it comes with the EAS 2.0 Quickshifter, but I wonder if it support quick downshift or just only upshift? Because the MV dealer told me that the F3RC also has quick downshift but I didn't see it on the specs sheet.

Anyway, I tried downshifting while opening the throttle and it didn't work unless I roll off a bit. So I would like to know how does it actually work? :f4:
The idea of the auto blip is to allow you to downshift under braking without having to blip the throttle yourself. Why would you think it would work with an open throttle?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Doesn't work. The newer models use the new type of QS switch which triggers both up and down but the software is not ready for this.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts

You'd have been in for a shock if it did :D

The RC is a standard F3 with some bolt on bling and a paint job, (like the Ago but cheaper), no more. It has the same electronics package as the standard bike so no EAS 2.0, no Eldor Nemo EM2.0, no MVICS 2.0.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was just thinking of downshifting for faster acceleration. And yes, it works when the throttle is slightly opened.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't think the F3's had downshift as part of the EAS package. Also as Red800 has said you need to be fully off the throttle for downshift to work if it had it.
I was just thinking of downshifting for faster acceleration. And yes, it works when the throttle is slightly opened.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You'd have been in for a shock if it did :D

The RC is a standard F3 with some bolt on bling and a paint job, (like the Ago but cheaper), no more. It has the same electronics package as the standard bike so no EAS 2.0, no Eldor Nemo EM2.0, no MVICS 2.0.
It does come with the EAS 2.0. But I guess the software might not be the latest to support?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The idea of the auto blip is to allow you to downshift under braking without having to blip the throttle yourself. Why would you think it would work with an open throttle?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if it has a downshifted but my turismo does, throttle has to be fully shut for downshifter to work on that so I presume it would be the same on the RC
Yea, mine works when the throttle is slightly open.

·
Registered
590 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Be in the right gear and right revs if you want quick acceleration. I looked into this and unfortunately yours doesnt come with it as standard and here in England it costs about £350 to get the blipper on the F3

I have it on mine but can assure you that it will not improve acceleration by trying to go down the gearbox quick

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I'm thinking your terminology is getting confused here mate, or maybe it's just me.:ahhh:
Downshifting means going down the ratios, so from 3rd to 2nd for example while braking to slow down. How does this account for faster acceleration ?

Unless you mean you're actually trying to gear back so you can accelerate faster ? Ok, I get in now, you're trying to gear back using the quickshifter, Dean's advice is pretty sound.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
And for the record, you can up and down shift on any bike without using the clutch, you just need to back off or add throttle to release pressure on the gear and it will shift ;)

·
Banned
64 Posts
I have the f3 800 RC and it does have the EAS 2.0 QS , I've tried downshifting with open throttle in sport mode when coming up behind a vehicle to overtake and it works fine you have to firmly press the pedal or it won't go , it won't do it it custom though up shift yes downshift no , I don't reckon much to the QS though had a few problems on a dragster I had ??

·
Banned
64 Posts
Ps as Ackers quoted if your in the right revs you will be able to up and downshift without clutch , I only use clutch on my old triumph sprint st955 in first then it's clutchless shifting all the way and clutchless downshifting , I couldn't do it when I started riding lol but as they say practice makes perfect ?

·
Registered
590 Posts
Downshifting in open throttle ?? Does it auto-blip when you do it this way ? The Quickshifter only works for downshifting when throttle is completely shut and auto-blips the throttle, never needs anything more than a tap on the dragster QS.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Be in the right gear and right revs if you want quick acceleration. I looked into this and unfortunately yours doesnt come with it as standard and here in England it costs about £350 to get the blipper on the F3

I have it on mine but can assure you that it will not improve acceleration by trying to go down the gearbox quick
What year is your F3? Where did you get the blipper?

·
Banned
64 Posts
No blipper just keep throttle open no shut off just does it , it's a 2016 model done 1250 miles on it , stunning bike and fantastic to ride , plenty of green eyed monsters out there though when I park up at bike meets lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts