MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. On my way to getting the first 600 miles to service the bike and convert it to full track.

Question is, what would you do to the bike? Pls take into account I am doing Track Days ... not racing, not competing, etc ... just pure fun at the track

Also, for shipping on parts, I am in TX (USA)

- Fairings: I see there are a few different brands. Which ones do you guys see as best fit and cost/benefit?
- Steering damper: which one?
- What else extremely necessary? or with above I am done?

Your help AS ALWAYS, very much appreciated

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you want fairings that really fit the bike, choose Sharkskinz. I would spend money on fork inserts and a rear shock in addition to the steering damper.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems that the lower panel does not go well with the original cat/exhaust system. At least the Sharkskinz web page says so ...

·
Registered
605 Posts
I've heard that in UK on race 675s two engines blew up - valve spring failure :wtf: .

So do not set higher the rev limiter.....

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are mainly 2 tracks around town here in Houston.

TWS, near College Station, which is a car's track but used for motorcycles as well. It has a long front straight and over all the track is super fast.

MSRH: it is shorter and more technical than TWS.

That is what pushed me to get the F3 ... I dont think you need all the power and speed of a litter bike around here (and for when I do, I still have a few litter bikes to take out there)

Hopefully I can do a few mods to it to leave her track ready and to my needs.

·
Registered
614 Posts
You will need to wrap the cat and right hand exhaust tube with exhaust wrap, as well as fill your belly pan with reflective heat insulation. My belly pan nearly caught fire the first time out with no insulation.

Steering damper is a must especially on short or rough tracks.

Suspension I would say not right away, depends how fast you are out of the box. I'm still racing mine on stock suspension and have only really found the limits of adjustment now. Do a track day then decide.

So far no issues with my bike on track. Pure love so far. Though I'm sorely tempted to sell and buy an RC30 that showed up at the local Honda shop.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good tip on the insulation. Thanks

As far as suspension goes, I need to work on settings first on the stock front and rear. First impresion out of the box was that the front end was too lose, meaning it would dive hard when braking. I need to work on that and then decide what to do, but I never complained using my stock Brutale 910 S around the track so this should be no issue.

Sumarizing the different skins I found searching in here:

- Design Corse at British pound$ 420 for everything (USD 650 ish?)
- Evolution Bike: they carry 3 brands
a) MV Agusta Corse: Euro 967.20 for everything (1,290)
b) Cruciata: Euro 593 for everything (USD 785 ish)
c) Flamingo: Euro 495 for everything (USD 660 ish)
- Star Twin: EURO 550 (dont know what brand they sell though, cant seem to find that in the web page details) ... USD 732 ish
- Sharkskinz: USD 1,220.95 for everything, including front fender, draftshield, etc. But bottom fairing is not compatible with the stock catalytic converter, as described in the web page.

I am going to do some thinking on all above before buying.

If anyone has anything to say, good or bad about any of the fairings above I would really appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
+1

Good tip on the insulation. Thanks

As far as suspension goes, I need to work on settings first on the stock front and rear. First impresion out of the box was that the front end was too lose, meaning it would dive hard when braking. I need to work on that and then decide what to do, but I never complained using my stock Brutale 910 S around the track so this should be no issue.

Sumarizing the different skins I found searching in here:

- Design Corse at British pound$ 420 for everything (USD 650 ish?)
- Evolution Bike: they carry 3 brands
a) MV Agusta Corse: Euro 967.20 for everything (1,290)
b) Cruciata: Euro 593 for everything (USD 785 ish)
c) Flamingo: Euro 495 for everything (USD 660 ish)
- Star Twin: EURO 550 (dont know what brand they sell though, cant seem to find that in the web page details) ... USD 732 ish
- Sharkskinz: USD 1,220.95 for everything, including front fender, draftshield, etc. But bottom fairing is not compatible with the stock catalytic converter, as described in the web page.

I am going to do some thinking on all above before buying.

If anyone has anything to say, good or bad about any of the fairings above I would really appreciate it.
Add this to your list of things to look at mate - http://catalystracingcomposites.com/i-9941534-13-f3-supersport-set.html

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you Donsy. They look pretty good and price is competitive vs other alternatives.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are mainly 2 tracks around town here in Houston.

TWS, near College Station, which is a car's track but used for motorcycles as well. It has a long front straight and over all the track is super fast.

MSRH: it is shorter and more technical than TWS.

That is what pushed me to get the F3 ... I dont think you need all the power and speed of a litter bike around here (and for when I do, I still have a few litter bikes to take out there)

Hopefully I can do a few mods to it to leave her track ready and to my needs.
Hey, I guess it must have been you at MSRH on Aug 3. I was there on the 4th and someone told me there was an F3 there the day before.

Anyway, I live in Houston, too, and if you happen to need an extra pair of hands when working on the bike just let me know - I would be happy to help.

-Milan

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes it was me. Someone told me there was a Brutale on Sunday (you?)

I will be doing Fastline track day on Sep 7th in case you are interested.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yes it was me. Someone told me there was a Brutale on Sunday (you?)

I will be doing Fastline track day on Sep 7th in case you are interested.
Yeah, I was there on Sunday. I work Saturdays so can't make it on the 7th. Any track day I go to has to be on a Sunday. For now I'm signed up for Colin Edward's Texas Tornado Bootcamp on Sept. 1. I've never ridden dirt so am really looking forward to this event.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished the break in period and was able to ride the bike at a local track to what I think was close to MY full potential (of course not the bike's full potential) and I was very pleased.

I still need to buy the plastics, damper and swap the stock tires for some track ones to improve a little bit on times, but overall I had a good impression and feedback on the bike.

Not sure what above means, coming from a guy that's been tracking his 910 S Brutale. But I felt I can work on several aspects with the bike to extract a little more of what she has to give.

no videos for now. Just bunch of lap times recorded

1 - 17 of 17 Posts