MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I will be taking my F3 to the track this Sunday. My regular track bike (Ducati 748) has a new owner, and my Panigale 1199 is just too scary for track duty.

I typically run the intermediate category, and I have been told that I corner and keep my lines pretty well. Except I get killed in the straight-always due to lack of power in my bike.
I have had a blast with the F3 so far, specially because of how nimble and user-friendly it is. However, I have never tracked a bike with traction control before, so I am looking for pointers on the right settings.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
510 Posts
"S" for Sports mode, "R" mode is NOT race mode. Either TC off or TC level 1. I rode with level 1 and it didn't interfere.

Also be smooth. That RBW ins't the friendliest when is comes to being smooth.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
is this a 675 or 800? I wouldnt use the TC, leave it off, take it easy at first and then bit by bit push harder and harder. you'll be suprised. I have the 800 and use TC in the rain only, and thats only because the RBW is snatchy and the rain mode map is just useless.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Why should he turn off tc??? Put it in sport mode and ride it.... if youre feeling that the tc is slowing you and or the bike wont accelerate out of turns go down with the settings! But i bet you can set it to 3-5 and you wont feel anything!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
WHP you wont 'feel' anything your right. and you could go round all day with TC on and have a fab time. However, then, right at the end of the day you might turn it off, and then you think FUCK, this accelerates much quicker. TC doesnt just cut in the millisecond before it loses traction, its a bit more imposing than that. Ive found its noticeable between zero and 1.
Personally, i recommend using your head and hand. its really not that scary.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
My quick shifter feels very clunky the higher up the TC level goes. Up using TC on level 1 just to get a smooth (silky shift). Will try turning it off on the next track day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts