MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
phoned my dealer today about stiffer throttle spring as mine is early model they told me i had to buy full assembly at around £130 is this right as i thought i had read previous posts about spring been available seperately

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Bazzb, the spring is available on it's own but as you have the early throttle I would suggest buying the newer Rivale heavy spring throttle assembly, I was quoted £64, so I would have another chat with a fully franchised MV dealer.

jimboF4

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers,i phoned bennets barnsley which are an approved dealer i think, maybe they just not interested in helping me

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Yep Bennetts are an approved dealer and a very good one, Give them another ring and ask to speak with Russ the owner, he is a very helpful chap. I have the later Rivale throttle assembly on my B800 and it works a treat.

jimboF4

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
It is a total new design, made by another company for MV, and was described to me as a a more solid bit of kit. Does feel a little heavier compared to my June 2013 build bikes previous one. Certainly working good for me and hopefully is a solution to the dead throttle issues of the past.

jimboF4

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Agree on the working good, I did the change back in Feb.

Was just wondering if the dealer confirmed that its compeletly different as my F3 has the rivale throttle and my brothers'B3 has the old type and the difference is night and day.

Don't think MV would change part number for the throttle if it was only for a spring.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ordered spring from design corse today,i dont really have a problem with the one thats fitted now to be honest but for the sake of £12 thought id give it a try

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello. This is my very post here. I have the F3 800 and also considering replacing the throttle springs. Is this an easy swap or do I have to take the bike to my dealer to replace it? Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hi, you need a special tool to open the throttle cog (torx+ centered pin), the rest is common (end bar remove+ cable connexion)
I don't thing it improves the feeling , but increase the fatigue on long journays
Cheers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts