MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 F3 675, I have just found that bubbles have started to appear under the paint on the tank ?
No idea whats causing this, as I have owned the bike from new and have left fuel in the tank since I got it (Apr 13).

I contacted my local dealer, who I didn't buy the bike from as they only became an MV dealer last year, who contact MV on my behalf
and basically were told that MV would do nothing to help.
I appreciate the bike is out of warranty, but this is obviously not wear & tear.
Anyone else had this issue ? and if so, how did you resolve it ?

Pissed off with MV for their total lack of back up and support for their customers.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Hi Buddy.
The swelling plastic fuel tanks is a fuel (Ethanol) problem, not just experienced by MV but almost every manufacturer around the globe (boats, cars etc.)
Have a look in the maintenance sections, it's been a HOT topic for years and the fix is real easy - Use a fuel stabiliser when leaving fuel in the tank, and/or coat the tank.
I just don't leave fuel in the tank for long periods.
It's time the public becomes more informed, dealers more so....

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Go read up on it in the Maintenance section mate.
Short term, drain tank, sit tank in Sun, moisture evaporates and tank might be fine. (I understand in the UK you might have to Google to check what the Sun is.)
Just kidding buddy, have a look around, being pro-active might be your best solution.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Donsy, lack of sun, keeps our sportsmen, woman and Olympic teams at the top of the tree. The sun appears to have burnt out the Australians:grin2::grin2:

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Donsy, lack of sun, keeps our sportsmen, woman and Olympic teams at the top of the tree. The sun appears to have burnt out the Australians:grin2::grin2:
No Bruce, the "Sun" you're referring to is called "Funds" :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
22,329 Posts
Let's bring it back home...the stabilizer you chose must be for fuel containing ethanol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just had a look at the other threads....

seems one guy got good support from the UK rep who said MV would cover the tank replacement and any subsequent tank if it happened again...

thats the polar opposite to what the MV told my local dealer...

does anyone have contact details of an MV rep in the uk ?

Ive emailed MV 5 times, i have yet to even receive a reply..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the heads up about Bennetts

I will give them a try see if they can help

it seems that if the tanks are now coated differently, then MV have to acknowledge there was a problem with the previous tanks
and should do something about it.

fingers crossed

1 - 12 of 12 Posts