MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My MV Agusta F3 was stollen today. They do NOT have the key for it, so I can assume that whoever took it will be looking for a new key.

Serial number zcggeglu0dv001332
licence 20y3174

Please call me - 9498856753 or email [email protected] if you see or hear anything. It was taken in San Clemente California.

The bike is unmistakeable (see attached). Please keep your eyes out for it.

Corran

·
Registered
8,010 Posts
Holy crap. Sorry to hear. You just got done with her.

·
Registered
590 Posts
What the hell!!

Sure hope the thieves are caught and you get your awesome machine back.

·
Registered
427 Posts
So sorry to hear this. Especially after you just got through doing all of that work on it.

Thieves are the absolute worst.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Was this stolen from your house?

I wonder if someone spotted your bike at the track and used the track registry to find your location.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Will keep an eye out in my area if they decide to travel this way. I'll chase those mofo's!!

·
Super Moderator
24,412 Posts
Damn, Corran, that does suck.
Tough to hide that one.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unlikely it was someone at track. I suspect local hoods - though it was steering locked, and chained to a post - so they came prepared.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Probably best looking bike around there as well ... easy target

Sucks man ... will sure be easy to spot so will look if it comes this way

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
That's a damn shame after all that work. If it wasn't visible from the road I'd think someone scoped it out coming from the track (guessing you trailer or truck it) and followed. Was it insured being your track bike?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Omg I Know How You Feel
B/c My Bike Got Stollen Too
Hope You Recover Soon.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The 5 Qs

Who, What, Where, When and How?

Provide as many details as possible. Here are a few Qs.
1) Was it on a trailer?
2) Was there evidence they cut the lock (sediment on the floor)?
3) Are there any gas stations, banks or other businesses near your home?
4) Do your neighbors have surveillance cameras?
5) Do you live in a home, condo or apartment complex? Remember, if they loaded it on a trailer or the back of a truck, it will be easy to pick up on a surveillance camera.
6) What time was it stolen?
7) Where, exactly was it stolen from? Garage, patio, parking lot?

Your bike is so unique, I assure you that someone saw it on a trailer or back of a truck when it was stolen. Post "lost" adds at all the local used motorcycle shops. Post "looking for parts" on craigslist.

If the bike is getting parted-out, there's no value in holding onto the parts. Is there anyone in the area that crashed an F3 within the last 6 months? I suggest contacting all local MV shops to see if anyone crashed an F3 or has asked for parts quotes.

As far as excluding anyone at the track...my buddies went to the range to shoot some really nice shotguns. On the way home, they stopped at a restaurant to get something to eat. When they returned, the truck was broken into and only the guns were missing. They were followed from the range.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
corran;

since its a track bike......what tracks have you been to?

its somebody from there or a dickhead that crashed an F3

its more than likely a SoCal asshole

call the 3 local dealers;
GP MotorCycles, Paul Lima 619-233-4762
Moto Forza, Balz Renggli 760-746-6001
Pro Italia, Bill Nation 818-249-5707
contact Jim Hamilton, the motorcycle key man, 207-230-4667 have him watch for lost F3 key requests.....he clones keys

all these people know me personally

explain what happened, give them your numbers, ask them to watch out

watch Craigslist and Ebay

contact track day organizers tell them to keep an eye out for an F3
check with the racing associations, ask about anyone new racing an F3
don't forget drag racing either

there are ways around Immobilizers.....don't ask how on the Aprilia Forum.....the 1st person to tell you to fuck off and die will be Amauri....I'll be the second

and my friend Hank will delete your post if Micah and Ed the Forum owners don't 1st

:popcorn:

·
Registered
343 Posts
corran;

since its a track bike......what tracks have you been to?

its somebody from there or a dickhead that crashed an F3

its more than likely a SoCal asshole
I agree that it is most likely someone from the track.

Reason: No resell ability so it has to be for personal use.

- You can't part the bike out.
- Few F3s around.
- Everyone is still under factory warranty so even the minority of owners don't even need parts.

Pretty much the only way a person would want F3 parts is if they wrecked a F3 on the track because otherwise insurance and warranty would cover it instead.

So most likely it is some guy that wrecked in F3 on the track or a motorcycle addict/track junkie that wants that bike to ride around for themselves.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, think the guys here have covered all the things you need to do.
Good luck with getting it back.
jimboF4

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yep to all of the above.

However while its possible I suspect its not a track rider but rather just a local junkie whos desperate - will try to hock it for $2k or something quick...

I dunno. Anyway I've contacted MV, all the shops, the track organizers and so on. So we'll see.

It's transported on a closed van, but stored outside, locked to a pole.

Corran

1 - 20 of 40 Posts