MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the factory put out the F3 with "squared off and slash cut " exhausts it would look much more purposeful...

In fact I am going to promote my self to " half a genius" for even thinking it lol

joe

anybody who is 100 % genius who could photoshop it ?

joe

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't agree at all. The current F4 pipes are not better than the original round pipes, especially with the exposed seam welds visible on the muffler body. The designer of the F3 got it right. Hopefully the Aftermarket will preserve the 3-pipe look when they design their systems for the bike.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I agree, Tamburini got the look right on the original F4 with the round "organ pipes". I am very TURNED OFF by the squared look and exposed welds of the newer F4's.
As some of you know I've been thinking long and hard about changing the exhaust outlet look on my bike, should I ever get it. I have links to images in other threads showing some possible ideas. However I must now confess, I'm starting to come around to the wisdom of the majority. The F3 needs to stand out from all the other cookie cutter middle weight bikes presently on offer. The three pipes exiting behind the right side switch gear does just that and is growing on me.
I too hope that the aftermarket keep that concept in mind with they get around to creating a proper muffler for the F3.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So we prefer curves guys ? ; )

I prefer the round tail pipes on the F4 for sure...But the little round stubby pipes don't look mean enough on the F3...

Ok maybe not square but something a bit more purposeful and not sticking out in different directions

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Oh for fuck sake and those god damn weld seams. Why to they botter you guys soo much on the new F4 and not at all on the every F4 built? Even the very first ones from 2000s had it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I don't recall seeing weld seams on the original F4 exhaust. On the current F4 the tips design is OK, but the weld seams are pretty bad aesthetically as they are high up on the machine, almost at eye level. From a manufacturing standpoint I can understand why they would want to do it that way, but for a motorcycle company who proclaims "Motorcycle Art" this is an egregious mistake.

Now back to the F3...

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I don't like the new F4 exhaust weld seams either. Seams are like wiring and should be hidden, unless those seams are on my wifes stockings, which again should to be partially hidden to stop other mens eyes following my wife about.

I can't see the F3 looking smart with squared pipes, nasty idea(sorry joe). The Oro's 3 carbon pipes are very tasty, an instant massive like for me, very unique and beautiful at the same time. On vitually every bike I have had, I have felt the need to replace the pipes, mainly cosmetic and sound. If I own a standard F3 at some point I will be hoping that their are Carbon aftermarket one's available to match the Oro, or the prob expensive Oro part it'self.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
If I own a standard F3 at some point I will be hoping that their are Carbon aftermarket one's available to match the Oro, or the prob expensive Oro part it'self.
Pretty sure they are only covers on the Oro mate.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Hahaha

Oh for fuck sake and those god damn weld seams. Why to they botter you guys soo much on the new F4 and not at all on the every F4 built? Even the very first ones from 2000s had it.
:smoking::smoking::smoking:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts