MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK guys here is the deal. I know more and more people are having issues surface with the F3 having the two discoloration marks show where the rubber stoppers are attached to the bottom of the seat.

What I would like to do is compile a list of the owners, date purchased, dealer purchased from and a pic of said discoloration. I have a very good connection with my dealer and they are very close with MV Agusta USA and what I want to accomplish with this compiled list is to get enough people on it to have them submit it to MV Agusta and see if we can get formal action and a recall for the affected owners. This issue at the moment is affecting White and Red rear pillions, undoubtedly it is also affecting black but we just don't notice it probably.

Please copy and past the following format to post your issue. I will update this initial thread with a current list.

Name:
Bike Year, Model, Size:
Dealer purchased from:
Purchased date:
Attached Pic of seat:

1.) Clint675
2.) idahomike
3.)
4.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
It seems MV already knows about this issue and will replace the seat under warranty. I have already done that through my dealer and I had a new seat put on in less than 2 weeks.

Cleb

·
Registered
265 Posts
Name: idahomike
Bike Year, Model, Size: 2013 F3 675
Dealer purchased from: Bellevue Kawasaki/MV
Purchased date: August 2012

Just showed up recently. Was not there for the first 2000+ miles. Submitted warranty claim to dealer (Freedom Cycle Las Vegas) last week.

Attached Pic of seat:

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Like told before... had this problem. I dont think there is much a factory replacement can fix ( if they dont replace the type of bolts used for the rubber bumpers bellow the seat cover) I spend 150 USD to make a custom tailored rear seat when this happened to my white back cover.

Did it with better plather for motorcycles that prevents the passenger from sliding on the back + made a nice touch with red and green stitching to bring out the Italian heritage. And that will fix all your problems and enhance the riding experience for the bitch seat. + looks dashing

you better take in the bike to a dealer to check your radiators for leaks. there is a recall on a bolt for pressure re-leave. Its not a big problem just a small smell of burned up coolant on rides. Mostly do to the bike running hot in traffic and town riding.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hey guys,

Spoke to a dealer about a discoloration issue on my B3 (completely different scenario) and the F3 issue got brought up. They informed me that the new bikes have some sort of upgraded seat on them and that any and all passenger seats with the marks on them are being replaced for free. They also informed me that MV wont recall the seats because, by nature, a recall is for a safety related issue. Obviously this is aesthetic and not safety related. But all the seats should be replaced for free (assuming youre under warranty of course).

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
There is no recall because it is not caused by rusty bolts or heat buildup as most think. The marks are at glue points and the wrong glue was used, which is causing the spots, basically discolouring the seat from beneath and eventually showing on the outside surface. Whether this was a mistake of the supplier (of glue) or MV is not the issue. MV are aware and will replace affected seats, but it is not a 'universal' problem so no recall

·
Registered
90 Posts
Name: Clint Radford
Bike Year, Model, Size: 2013 F3 675
Dealer purchased from: Evansville Superbike Shop
Purchased date: 7/26/2014
Attached Pic of seat:
Hey that's a picture of my bike ! Unless of course you've also got a Honda (with cover) and a Buell (with cover) in your garage too !

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts